Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted

Nothing here yet, 7 miles south of Gloucester. Only 1 can left too, so I probably wont see anything 'til it's all turned to rain in the morning.

Bill

Posted
yes just after 10.30pm i think

just before it went wrong for me ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Where do you get the idea temps are falling? According to weatheronline they are rising across the south.

Heavy rain here now. Very squally.

Your correct WIB, temperatures are actually rising very slowly as expected. Now upto -2.1C from -4.4C 3 hours ago!!

Although temps should stay below freezing here til mid morning I suspect.

Ramping is overrated now :) The uk is becoming predictabe.. Just do the opposite of what the charts say and your 99.9% safe! that 00.1% is just the lucky get who managed to find the snow / storm..

;) Go to bed. All your doing is tormenting us members with utter twaddle. Excessive foolish talk from a crank ;)

Mammatus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Were looking at the NW radar were watching what is actually happening, perhaps its just having a little rest and will move north later. But for the last 2 hours its not made a lot of progress.

Anyone else see this as well, or is it just me.

People are forgetting that it's not forecast to reach the midlands till around 6-7am anyway, so whats the panic if the band hasn't reached there by 1am?

Posted

Ok guys this is it substantial snow now fallin in Bath area.Only been goin 20 mins and cars are white already.I aint ramping it up.Im tellin it like it is

Posted

ive set my alarm for 3.00 am i feel there will be nout llol

Indeed Dave, shows that even i now days we really can't take the models as the be all and end all and tonight may ust prove it!

Steve, I'm getting more and more tempted to say it'll stall just to the north of the M4. This is a way south from the models ideas but looking at the western side of the system as you say it'll take little northerly mvement, once the whole thing tilts to be a flatter W-E (which is better IMO overall.) then I think it may wlel struggle to get north, at least in any great rush.

By the way, I'm going to watch out for another burs tof cells like this tommorow morning as the new wave develops a closed circulation, near the center I wouldn't be suprised if such a formation forms...its certainly a beast though that cell, 56MM per hour recorded in one of the cells at 12.40am.

By the way as I've said before, please cut out the foul langauge its not really needed is it. Thank you.

There will be some more worried faces after people see the 1am radar........

lol- Will it reach even the m4..............????

NW of Cardiff looks like getting battered into Oblivion...........

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Im goin be told off for this but since I took the plunge and got net weather radar I reckon u guys should as well. Shows the heavier precip movin up from south west now, Updates every 5 minutes not bad for a few quid

post-6398-1170897297_thumb.png

Posted
LOL kk, however i will also not take lightly to being told to shut up either. Thus the stfu..

Been coming here many years and will not be talked to like that by some monkey who thinks they knwo it all. So if you wouldnt mind.. I would like to rant just like anyone else does here without the innteruption of muppets like him!

Fyi, Building to the SE

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Let's not spoil tonight or this thread with this childish behaviour. This is not what I have stayed up late for and would prefer to concentrate on the radar and nothing else.

Posted

Crimsone, thats very good to hear, as the radar shows it is pretty heavy in your area right now as well as generaly in S.Wales, the Welsh mountions are going to be smahsed by that band over the next few hours, the fact that its now settling is a good thing because evap. cooling must be taking place and freezing the ground plus more precip is helping it to settle. I'd love to be up there right now, hammer time as some people say on a states forum!

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Cant believe that what seems like heavy sleet seems to be sticking to the ground without any problems at all.Couldnt believe how white it looked as i checked at 1am and again just a few mins ago and its white already.Not a covering exactly but its looking good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.
SNOWING HEAVY IN CARDIFF

yep, im getting this too.... where are you in cardiff?? im in the centre so it should only get better the further out u get..

L

Posted
I know your not really interested in showers up here but look how close this got.

post-3392-1170897071_thumb.png

Not a flake here.

Good luck down there!

Hahaha....You've got to laugh haven't you?

:lol:

Been there, done that, etc.

Posted

Its been coming down heavily the last 1 1/2 to 2 hours now. The rain that is. Fingers crossed ill wake up tomorrow and itll be the 1st of June, 22 degrees and im surrounded by beer. Btw my area was progged for heavy accumulating snow and we didnt get one solitary flake so dont count your chickens before u throw them on the pan. :lol:

Darkman, are you faring any better?

Just to add :lol: 8P :wacko: 8P :wacko: :wacko: 8P

Posted

look as i thought heaviest precip moving gradually west into wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Humm

post-182-1170897555_thumb.png

Posted

Looks like we may get snow after all following some encouraging reports in the west country.

Wind seems to be picking up here.

I guess real people watching lamp posts are more accurate than million pound computers.

Makes you wonder what we pay taxes for?

Am going to bed now.

Good luck with the snow.

Posted

Come on people, calm down, chill out! Stop stressing! Its only the weather after all! Everything going reasonably to plan so far, although I remain dubious about how far north this band will get. Worrying and stressing about it won't change nothing. Remember, if it doesn't make it too far north, this is good news for prolonging the cold and giving another chance on Saturday.

Now chill out, or go to bed!

To Terry G

Oh yeah baby - just opened the front doo to check the stat eof the hill - currently impassible!!!! - already a very significant snow event and only really just getting going. Temp now dropped to 0.6!!! precipitation heavy and pressure dropping significantly! (feels like minor front)