Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

xcweather have light snow in the Solent :clap: this is an upgrade? :whistling:

Stopped sleeting here now b/w(nothing)

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
Please do not add BBC images into posts. As far as we can tell these are copywritten images and as such it is illegal to post them. Links are absolutely fine, direct BBC images are not.

I may be wrong, but it is best not to risk it :whistling: (can anyone back me up here?)

yep the pictures are not allowed to be reproduced without consent
how come other people can post weather pics up without a risk of copyright? Never understood that!

Anyway precip band gettin further north!

not sure mate. have posted a radar image before and had it removed. but i clearly attributed the copyright owners info with it.

Posted

It's still snowing in Bristol...moderate not as heavy as before...!

The temperature has now dropped to 1.3.

It was 1.9 before the start of the ppn.

Leon

Posted
any idea wat southend expected to get

If things continue as they are at the moment then Southend could well be in for a bit of a pasting! 8P

Check out the radar in the channel and around the chebourg peninsular, some pretty intense echo's and they are slowly heading this way.

Regards.

Posted
Don't be annoyed just accept the situation as it is and realise nothing is set in stone whatever the weather.

I feel some common sense is required here.

Many a time I have woken only to find no snow has fallen despite forecasts predicting this and this has happened many times over 30 years. There has been times when snowfall has occured unexpectedly!!.

Many people have been saying these past 48hrs to forget the models and just concentrate on the radar. Well we are now at the stage where we also need to forget about media forecasts because the radar is the only tool of any use. The snow may reach the N Midlands it may not, the snow may weaken or it may not in these areas. Let's not spoil this event by assuming what will happen when TBH none of us have a clue what will happen with the snow belt.

Also worth noting that due to the much better +72 chart Saturday could bring some more surprises for some of us.

That's the most sensible post I've seen so far on this thread.

We have spent all week saying that this was a marginal event, and that there would be ups and downs along the way, and even on the night itself. The event is looking more progressive than looked likely last night, but also the front seems to die out in the north Midlands. The favoured locations still seem to be roughly the area I suggested earlier; perhaps slightly further west and into NE Wales, but the south and central Mids look most favoured.

As Eye suggests, there is still some potential for interest in the north on higher ground on Saturday.

Posted
heavy snow falling in west ireland

West Ireland is more favourable than the east at the mo for heavy snow!

Posted

Not even getting rain here now, let alone snow :whistling:

Hows up North doing?

Posted
Thanks Mick and Multi-Cellular-Thunderstorm.

Any more posts with pics pasted from the BBC may well be deleted without warning. It's not worth it! Links are 100% ok, just no direct images/videos etc.

ok. I Know wee Angie wouldnt have minded but rules are rules :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
To Terry G

Oh yeah baby - just opened the front doo to check the stat eof the hill - currently impassible!!!! - already a very significant snow event and only really just getting going. Temp now dropped to 0.6!!! precipitation heavy and pressure dropping significantly! (feels like minor front)

Where are you, Phil - could you put it on your avatar for us?

Posted
That's the most sensible post I've seen so far on this thread.

We have spent all week saying that this was a marginal event, and that there would be ups and downs along the way, and even on the night itself. The event is looking more progressive than looked likely last night, but also the front seems to die out in the north Midlands. The favoured locations still seem to be roughly the area I suggested earlier; perhaps slightly further west and into NE Wales, but the south and central Mids look most favoured.

As Eye suggests, there is still some potential for interest in the north on higher ground on Saturday.

You would add that wouldn't you Stratos?

Really depends how things pan-out....us lot at lower levels could still see snow on Saturday depending on the encroachment of that -10 isotherm further west into the mid north sea.

Posted
Not even getting rain here now, let alone snow :whistling:

Hows up North doing?

cloudy, dry and nothing happening at the minute! Just expectin sleet here on the east coast but 50 miles to the west heavy snow.

Posted
Kiss of death you would say PP:

From the Meto website for NE England:

This evening and tonight:

Snow showers will move off the North Sea giving local significant accumulations.

Very much doubt there will be much convectional development in the southern\mid-part of the north sea in the next 12 hours at least. Most of the showers look set to develop further north and hit eastern Scotland.

Not looking good for us. But things could change for the better on Friday; depending on the movement of this feature to our south.

Posted

Just about to turn in, when I met our 4yr old son on the landing on his way to our bed. Oh well, just have to stay up a little longer till he's gone back to sleep!!! :whistling:

Overcast here now with that familiar grey look. Both humidity and temps rising, but still with a DP of -4.6, is this still good for snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm off to bed with this is mind.

This Evening and Tonight:

Snow showers will move off the North Sea giving local significant accumulations.

Doubt it will happen though.

Enjoy the snow everyone, it will come for most of you just be patient :whistling:

Posted

15 miles west of where I am theres heavy snow(my sisters house to be exact(who couldnt care less))..... i dont care what the neighbours say im building a snowman out of grass in the morning, a grassman if u will. Then im going to set him on fire using printouts of yesterdays forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Keeps slowing off and turning to rain then intensifying and turning to sleet. XCweather are still showing light snow in the Solent, so near yet so far :lol: