Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 7

Posted
Well, I'm off to bed.

Enjoy your snow...those lucky gits who get it. Commiserations to the large minority who don't.

Night P.P speak to you later mate! keep warm! :D

Posted
Still chucking it down and getting heavier, it's amazing! 5cm since 3.50.

It must be fizzerling out over your area as it's now 5.20 and were only half an hour up the rad from you and still nothing here, thinking I may as well goto bed im just absoulutly gutted. and this is the last time i'm gonna listen to the bluddy tv forecasts. The midlands worst effected how wrong can they get :D

Posted

I have to say im mighty impressed - just as i thought the brunt was passing through, the winds seem to have takena fractionally more northerly direction, and the ppn has held up a bit, and its intensifying to the ssse of here, so were still getting very fine, and reasonably heavy snow. Accumulation mounting up. Though the weight of snow i feel must be subject to change at any point. Temps still at -1.2C. Drifting up to 4 inchs in my window corner

Posted

already a good inch in Central London settling on all surfaces (except in my courtyard which would require sub 474 dam air for snow to settle).

perfect timing for here - if we get a decent enough fall over the next 1-2 hours - this could be the most significant central london event since Feb 1991.

I look forward to a lonely day with no colleagues in the office.

Posted
Kold- seen the 5am????

Its back building under us again.............. :D

S

Thats what ive just seen from the south coast.. gather you looking at 5min radar :D

Posted
Kold- seen the 5am????

Its back building under us again.............. :D

S

Hey steve m zoom in on my area and can you see some pinks in there on the met o radar?? or am i just seeing things that arent there

Regards

Michesnowsbest

Posted
It must be fizzerling out over your area as it's now 5.20 and were only half an hour up the rad from you and still nothing here, thinking I may as well goto bed im just absoulutly gutted. and this is the last time i'm gonna listen to the bluddy tv forecasts. The midlands worst effected how wrong can they get :D

You see, they can get away with using the Midlands as a generic term sometimes. I'd rather they sticked within the confines of the actual political boundaries of the Midlands. So loosely, the forecasters can say the "south Midlands" when on paper, the likes of Oxfordshire and Buckhamshire aren't in the Midlands at all.

At the same time, sometimes East Anglia refers to me because I live close to the border with North Cambridgeshire. But then, south Lincolnshire isn't that far away neither and bizarrely that often comes under northern England, because its Lincolnshire and it stretches right up to the Humber.

Pure guff to blur the boundaries to cover themselves. The BBC presenters that is. I've noticed the MetOffice since its website update now uses the proper boundaries, not those relating to the BBC's definition of regions.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

I think were gonna have a break from it here in oxford in 10-15 mins. But there are some more nice areas still to come it seems. still coming down quite nicely right now

Posted

not even one flake, im more then gutted

Posted
no snow here at all despite radar showing heavy snow??

This happened here for the first 45 minutes. Low dewpoints. The ppn is evaporating in the air before it hits the ground.

Posted

Yeah I'm watching it on the net-weather radar Steve, heavy bursts still just about over us, tohugh I do think its finally starting to ease just a touch here, but still in the mod range for sure.

Looks like I might well be having a day off from college tommorow, hopefully!

Otherwise its going to be qutie a funny old day!

Someone in NW London could well see 6 inches over the next 2-3hrs in that relaly burst of snow thats present, could a strong line of precip on the northern edge of the Occ. front which we are in and yes it is back-building over our area, heaviest snow will be on the line of heavy snow back-building right now.

I feel sorry for those in the north but I think looking at it the warnings were justified for at least S.England in general as well as the Midlands and Wales, just about right but lots of disruption likely this morning.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Not really, the Midlands is a hugh area, plenty of snow in the south Midlands, and now just getting up into the West Midlands.

Looks like the North and east Midlands may miss out

Posted

I'm in leighton Buzzard tonight and in the last 5 mins has been some of the heaviest snow i've ever seen. It's like a blizzard with the wind picking up now!

Posted

hehehe, pepping up agan here now, snow is quite fine mind you but it got a real sting when the wind does gusts a little and now 6cms of snow, heaviest here since Jan 04, next target is 10cms that I ot nin Jan 04, then 13cms that I got from Jan 03. First target is do-able, the seocnd only if it stlals and keeps on back-building like now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

wow, its still coming down in cardiff... a very good covering of snow here.. fantastic!

Posted

Thank god,

I was begining to worry because for the last 30 mins the snow had really become light and half hearted, but its getting heavy again now.... bring it on!!!!

Posted

snow still moving this way slowy according to the radar but considering it says its snowing now when its not its hard to tell how accurate it is

Posted

Just confirming flakes about 1mm bigger than last time I posted :D

Posted

It is now snowing in Wolverhampton started lightly at about 5am, slight covering on cars and road outside. Lets hope it starts to get going a bit. Certainly not as heavy as you guys further south. I do however feel that certain areas of the Midlands. ie Bromsgrove up to Staffordshire should get a good covering.

You guys in Leicester need to be patient I think its on its way.