Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 7

Posted
Just as i thourt heavest snowfall for at least 10 years for SE london bow

if it carries on untill 12pm like they said

How I look forward to the headlines on the BBC news tomorrow. It will be the main story.

I'm being a tad ironic.

I am happy for you lot down there as it is a rare occurrance, but it will be all over the tabloids, the news and everything. My mum let me know there was 10cm overnight in my home town in North Yorkshire. That wouldn't make the national news.

Posted
snow still moving this way slowy according to the radar but considering it says its snowing now when its not its hard to tell how accurate it is

are you sure snowing here, hinckley aint that big

Thank god,

I was begining to worry because for the last 30 mins the snow had really become light and half hearted, but its getting heavy again now.... bring it on!!!!

YEA to that post-

Were along that line.........

waft it this way......

All eyes awaiting 530 radar.......

S

Posted
snow still moving this way slowy according to the radar but considering it says its snowing now when its not its hard to tell how accurate it is

Yeah light snow in the air in narborough now. But seriusly nothingto write home about at all.

Posted
are you sure snowing here, hinckley aint that big

wasnt when i checked literally 2 mins ago let me know when it gets heavier then il check again

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

A quick glance outside shows flakes of the size of old half penny pieces falling very lightly.

About bloody time.

Least its sticking to all surfaces.

Posted
A quick glance outside shows flakes of the size of old half penny pieces falling very lightly.

About bloody time.

Least its sticking to all surfaces.

send it my way lads send it my way..............

Posted

snow has eased off just a touch here as a slight weak slot passes nearby so a little bit of a restbite, tohugh still lught snow, behind it and another mass of heavier precip that could give another inch on its own, loving tonight so far!

Small flakes so far as well, dewpoints still around -3c as they have been with quite small flakes as a result, as that dew-point rises I expect those larger flakes to get going but right now no signs of dew-points rising!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

snow hammering down here, almost got 1cm looks nice.. again theres about 3cm where old snow was already lying though (2cm+1cm=3cm)

Posted

A thick mantle of snow lying now here in Reading, probably 4cm or more, but beginning to ease a little. BBC Weather showed snow until 9am over us, so is there any more to come?

Posted

cant believe its stil falling here, and plenty of it too. I still think were going to have a break for a while before a nice little line of heavy ppn moves in in an hour perhaps, but it just keeps backbuilding and hanging on. fantastic stuff.

Temp still -1.2. I love the fact that the temp dropped right off when the snow arrived, by 3 degrees C, as opposed to rising as some said it would. Evaporative cooling did its job

Edited by wellington boot

Posted
send it my way lads send it my way..............

Its got to be on its way. Getting a little heavier, but not outside the light category yet. The good news is every flake counts because its dropped to -1.2C from a maximum of -1C.

Posted

Looks like rush hour is going to be a nightmare for a large swathe of the country this morning. We only need a few flakes and the roads grind to a halt!! Reading the posts this morning I think there will be a lot of people staying home today. I certainly dont think my mate is going to make it up from Hets to Wolverhampton this morning.

Still yet to get going, I have no idea on radar at the moment anybody help on that one?

Posted
A thick mantle of snow lying now here in Reading, probably 4cm or more, but beginning to ease a little. BBC Weather showed snow until 9am over us, so is there any more to come?

Right I'm off to get some sleep.

Have fun peeps!

Brian :D

Posted
Its got to be on its way. Getting a little heavier, but not outside the light category yet. The good news is every flake counts because its dropped to -1.2C from a maximum of -1C.

-1.2 is the magic number, thats where weve been all the way through.

Posted

Fine flakes but coming down very fast. I think come down with bigger stuff as the rush hours starts.

Posted

im in a calm slot at the moment.. but lots of gathering blues/greens on radar to south of me.

Heres a pic (yes thats how close the hayes line is to me)

DSCF0453.jpg

Posted

looks like you have a good cm or two. But looks like there plenty more to come for all you guys out east. Hopefully for me too, as it does seem to be stalling to some extent. backbuilding is happening for sure

Posted

Dusted up nicely already, if the trade off of slightly less heavy precipitation and sticking to everything, verses heavy wet snow, sticking only because its heavy on a wet base I suppose its a result, this far.

Posted

Lovely pic, dont think the train will be going far today! lol

What do you guys mean by 'backing-up' ?

Is the snow intensifying on the radar?

Edited by markp1980

Posted

Fantastic. A great dumping outside in West Sussex. Looking foward to 7'0 clock when it starts getting light.

Its been a fantastic few days here on NW, my advice to anyone is- get out there and enjoy the snow!

Posted

getting quite heavy now, everything nice and white, nows the time for the front to stall lol