Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 7

Posted

Now upto around 3 inches here over the last 2hrs, quite impressive and still going s well, flakes have turned back to the smaller type we had at the start and has gotten slightly heavier again. This is a good old dump of snow here though, I'm very pleased and to think on monday night I didn't expect anything here bar a hour of snow before rain, man how wrong was I to expect just that!

back-building still occuring according to the netweather radar, my area seems to have not really left the 2-4MM bracket for the last 2hrs, hence why I've got about 3 inches now and still getting deeper with pavements has melded with the gardens.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
Well looks like I won't be getting into London today for uni on the Strand - sometimes I think I came home deliberately in the hope of seeing more snow LoL

Anyways, here in Kings Hill, West Malling (12 or so miles from Maidstone) it has been snowing since 0400am....snow flakes have been small (I read a post by Kold that said due to the cold DP's?!), but has become quite heavy at the moment with about 3-5cm thus far! Heres hoping for me of the same :)

Just out of interest, and to keep on topic, how far is everyone expecting the front to eventually move?

North england and north Iland seeing a bit....

Posted
This is a good old dump of snow here though, I'm very pleased and to think on monday night I didn't expect anything here bar a hour of snow before rain, man how wrong was I to expect just that!

About as wrong as me to actually expect to see a snowflake :)

Edited by Slinky

Posted

Wonder where WIB is lol, I told him his no lying snow south of the Pennines, was a sure loser

Posted

Could anyone post a link for the latest fax chart - would be interesting to see what the MetO expect to happen throughout the course of the morning........what is that link, meteological.fr or something like that?

Posted
Wonder where WIB is lol, I told him his no lying snow south of the Pennines, was a sure loser

more to the point i hope all the rubbish about "even larger teapot" finally stops, but somehow i dont tink it will

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Well we must have some sort of snow forcefield around us here... just woken up to nothing outside, even the frost has gone which I expected, but according to nw extra radar and the meto radar we should be snowed in by now!!! Freaky but absolutely nothing here, not a flake has fallen... ho hum.

Damn it, why did we have to move out of Shropshire two weeks ago!! :doh: For those that have it, enjoy it!

L

That quite sobering, Nantwich isnt particularly far from here and we have approaching 2cm now. I think maybe it is evaporating toward lower ground because if the radar is anything to go by, Birkenhead should have snow but there to is bone dry, as is Liverpool by the looks of things :unknw:

Posted

Just started snowing in Colchester - we're about 40 miles north of the M25 and about 10 miles in from the essex coastline. Started light but starting to improve now - good enough for me to skive - was due to be in Manchester for 1130am but don't think I'll bother

Posted

It's 6am. Wait until 12 noon before you pass judgement!

We have about an inch and a half here, it's now equalled the maximum in my experience for this area going back to the early 90s.

Posted

I want to completely poo poo Rob McElwee's updated on News 24 just before 5am.

He is treading on thin ice in my books. Why was there such a radical downgrade for the East Midlands in that forecast?

I can tell you now, it started snowing here at 5.30am and we have over an inch. Thats in 45 minutes, largely because the temperature is still -1.2C and its stuck to everything, plus the snowfall is getting heavier.

Not long before he makes it a threesome

<<<

Posted

Is it me or is the precipitation moving through a couple of hours sooner than was expected? 15 miles north of Brighton here and according to meteo24.com it will have stopped snowing here by 7 - I thought we were likely to get snow/rain until about 9am.

Posted

Really Snowy bob, thats quite impressive, if it keeps going lie this i think a couple of other airports may well be going the same way, or at least operating on a restricted level. Rain issues are going to be quite bad probably and willl also be delayed.

The fact tha even London has settling snow proves this is a decent event.

by the way, S.Wales being hammered ove rthe last few hopurs, ust be some very large totals now on the Welsh mountions, must be closr to that 9 inch figure i mentioned late yesterday?

anyway still going here, my sat is getting jittery now, probably thanks to the snow!

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Just took my sister to work and it was almost blinding trying to drive the car! (She is scared of driving in the snow so i happily oblidged to drop her off! :doh: )

The roads have all been gritted but its chucking it down so hard they are now all white! :unknw:

Regards.

Posted
That quite sobering, Nantwich isnt particularly far from here and we have approaching 2cm now. I think maybe it is evaporating toward lower ground because if the radar is anything to go by, Birkenhead should have snow but there to is bone dry, as is Liverpool by the looks of things :doh:

Aye, fascinating thing the weather, if not a little frustrating at times! Will be interesting to see the cloud cover when it gets a little lighter outside. I won't give up hope til around midday though.. :unknw:

Posted

My cmaera ran oput of battery. Im recharging it for 15 mins befoere i go out again for photos. Buts quite a scene here i can tell you. Incredible stuff. temps still -1.6 Not too much more snow i dont think, unless more snow forms behind, but its not done yet anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Sleet with the odd now flake here. ground very wet, so it's not going to settle.

Posted

Picture of my car taken at 6.10am In flintshire.. North east wales. ! ( Taken on my camera phone, so I do apologise for the poor quality.)

Photo-0214.jpg

Seems to have stopped now though. Hoping it returns.