Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 8

Posted

2 to 3cm so far and increasing. Although it is moderate at the moment and depending on how long this will last with new bands of heavy snow we should have quite a nice bit of snow around :D

Blowing at times giving slight blizzard like conditions!

Posted

Can any expert tell me if Norfolk will see anything at all? Seems to have stopped above the North Essex/Suffolk border.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

The Met O is down already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

riteyo!, reports in east cardiff are that they have about 4 inches, 6-8 inches in the south wales valleys and in cardiff city centre i have maybe 2 inches in the deepest parts.. and its still snowing big flakes..

Luke-

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I concur with that Blizzards! :D

Good to see Louise Lear on BBC Breakfast in Worcester too! Went to bed at 2am with nothing, woke up at 5am quick twitch of the curtains revealed snow then up at 7.30am to PROPER snow :)

Had smaller flakes blowing horizontally in the wind then last 10 mins the bigger flakes arrived again coupled with this wind we have a near whiteout as I type this! Mcelwee doing Midlands weather this morning saying it is going to last until midday at least in my area undoubtedly longer further north!

Best since Feb 1996 for depth for me!

Looking at bbc's radar we should have snow until 3pm now, not midday so thats good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Snowing fairly steadily here in Ipswich, probably about an inch of lying snow now. Currently, the flakes are pretty small and I have the feeling that this will turn to sleet before too long unfortunately.

Anyway, still good to see!

Can any expert tell me if Norfolk will see anything at all? Seems to have stopped above the North Essex/Suffolk border.

Just spoke to someone near the Norfolk / Suffolk border who said it's snowing hard there, so hopefully it's heading your way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

still quite heavy snow, must be 5+cm now, but offplaced by some quite severe drifting

Posted
Looking at bbc's radar we should have snow until 3pm now, not midday so thats good!

stopping here now :)

Posted
riteyo!, reports in east cardiff are that they have about 4 inches, 6-8 inches in the south wales valleys and in cardiff city centre i have maybe 2 inches in the deepest parts.. and its still snowing big flakes..

Luke-

Hi - Im 10 miles west of Cardiff - is that the last of it for us? Its stopped now (we have about 3 inches here)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sky looks very threatening for alot of heavy snow.

Snow currently a little lighter here now but loads to come!

Posted

mituozo, very nice photo indeed. snowing a bit heavier again, sems to be trying to pick up but the radar does reveal several driere slots that my area has been in and yet another one coming in over the next 15 mins or so. After that has gone through then is when the precip will ramp back up again with a cell that looks moderatly strong about the same strength as last nights fun and games, I'll be watching it closely and hoping!

Looks like many parts of England Wales are getting totals of between 2-4i nches...makes all that model watching we done feel so worth it!

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Wow, this is the best snow for years here. In south bucks we have about 5 inches of laying snow on the ground and its still snowing moderate to heavy at times

Posted
stopping here now :)

Im getting that a bit but there is loads to come. this always happens with snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Here's a picture I took through my window with my phone a bit earlier when we had a break in the snow.

There's a good inch there!! Similar to here really, although the heavier snow over the last 30 minutes has topped supply's further to 2 inches overall.

This was my worry late last night, the front seems to have stalled slightly further south, sort of over me :):)

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

Posted

Well the snow here is really small pieces atm, Im hoping for something south of us to pep up which by the latest radar it looks like doing, just to give us a few cms more, nice to see a decent amount back. I was telling my cousin about today last night and he said "when I went to canada it was 50-60 inches deep" I just said "shut up, don't speak to me" God I wish we had their weather

Posted

Just measured - now level 12cms. Still snowing moderately.

Jonty

Halton

Bucks

201m asl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
still quite heavy snow, must be 5+cm now, but offplaced by some quite severe drifting

Snowing nicely here now, trying hard to settle. Sooo good just to see it falling at last. Stephen, did you expect to get 5cm (and so soon in the day?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Thanks for all the replies, I don't think he's going to go now. I've just called my boss and spoke to his wife - he's gone out in the car to the dentist this morning so I've got no excuse other than I can't get off my drive at the moment. Stamping on him's too good for him, lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Just noticed the meto warnings for Yorkshire have gone. :):)

Must dash, gotta get to work.

Why is that its been snowing here in sheffield south yorkshire moderate to heavy for the past 1 1\2 hours and still coming down thick and fast cc_confused:

Posted

I know it is very hard to keep up with snow when forecasting but it does seem a bit silly the BBC telling me that the snow hasn't reached the northwest yet when it quite clearly has, it was also very optimistic on temperatures I thought and said a lot warmer tomorrow for the north which seemed unlikely if it is snow covered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
Right continue here in what is increasingly looking like the best snowfall event of the 21st century in S.England.

Snowing a little heavier again though its still light overall for now though there are signs on the rada rit'll get a little heavier again.

Intrestingly grass still showing no signs of thawing and pavements up the road still look well covered, so if the snow does get a little heavier again I'd be hopeful that it may ettle, or at the very least stop any further thawing.

Anyway got the day of college for this!

Yes, and enjoy it cos milder air will spread in across england and wales this weekend.

Posted
Why is that its been snowing here in sheffield south yorkshire moderate to heavy for the past 1 1\2 hours and still coming down thick and fast cc_confused:

Just started in Barnsley, fine flakes but settling. Alot earlier than expected, if at all!!