Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
the snow isnt due to clear birmingham properly until about 3pm!

Even though it is forcast to last until then it still could before you know.

Posted

I thought this snow wasn't going to get north?At the minute it's snowing lightly in sheffield and had about 1cm. Is this going to get any worse as it's messing up myplans,especialy seems there's no weather warning out for us!

Posted

Qucik question to anyone who knows.

If you are wishing to take a pic of snow when it's dark what type of flash setting is best or is it best to turn this off. The reason I ask is because I wish to get some pics of the orange glow over the snowcover.

Posted

just been aout and measured it got 2inches of level snow here

Posted

I think now with the low centred just south west of oxford the movement north of the precip will be greatly reduced, i wouldnt be suprised to see it stall completely by 1030.

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Seems to be turning increasingly to sleet here in Ipswich.

A bit concerned that the rising temps that TEITS mentioned are going to kill off any chance of further accumulations here.

Posted

Think i might have had my lot here now.

Last 20mins has just been silly little icy specs, they were icy balls but now they are just specs 8P !

Its starting to thaw now aswell, its sliding off the cars and tress etc. Still i've seen the first decent amount for years so thats given me my fix for now!

Is there anymore on the radar for Essex or are these icy things its final act?

Regards.

Posted

Next pluse coming thorugh again now, heavier then the last few and thats a trend that will conitnue, nice big fluffy flakes flaling now and a pretty site, settiling again on the snow-covered grass which is good news and ice is still present on the car tracks.

Nanu, strong back-edge very close to you, could give another 1-3cms of snow to you and to people in Kent through to the NW of London, this is getting to be quite a defined feature and it needs watching, even in the cente rof London it may well give some heavy snow. slowly heading NNE but may wlel back-build just like the front-edge did, this is helped by the development of a low pressure system in the south of England presently.

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

Leave the flash off then TEITS.

Edited by chrisbooth0070

Posted
Is snowing now in Norwich, fine snow, not all that heavy but settling. Just a dusting at the moment.

That is it my friend, its the best and only we will get today. I feel sad really! It only flippin snow but it would have been nice to some sort of covering.

Posted
Excuse my ignorance - Is that a streamer developing just south of the river humber?

http://212.100.247.145/viewimage.pl?type=h...e013e7b685064fb

gobbyash

Yes indeed I was just about to post about this.

The N extent of the snow has been reached IMO but what is happening is an area of snow showers is developing to the NE as the cold E,ly drags snow showers inland. Worth watching for these areas it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Possibly about 6cm here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Temperatures very slowly on the rise here, now 0.8C, dewpoint 0C, got almost 4 inches now, i measured it! :p

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted

intersting yo usay it is moving north eastward, i cant see it myself, dont think it will reach as far north as us until tonight if it doesnt run out of steam before then

Posted

Anyone else in the southern coastal counties interested by the little trail of ppn coming out of the main band that's moving due east through Hampshire at the moment?

Posted

been snowing here since 7.15....got apr 2cm with more up against walls. nice to see everything is all white:D...snow starting to get heavier :p im just grateful with what i have :)

Posted

overnight rain and sleet has now turned to snow over the irish midlands. giving a good covering now at a moderate rate. bizzare, i was expecting the opposite to happen.

Q

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
intersting yo usay it is moving north eastward, i cant see it myself, dont think it will reach as far north as us until tonight if it doesnt run out of steam before then

Eh me? well I was just saying to Blizzards about possibilites even though as you say it is likely to stall there still the chance of things turning out different.

Posted
Yes indeed I was just about to post about this.

The N extent of the snow has been reached IMO but what is happening is an area of snow showers is developing to the NE as the cold E,ly drags snow showers inland. Worth watching for these areas it is.

This is taking the micheal now.

Snow to south west north and east of us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Wonderful. Surpassing the Jan 04 Thundersnow event :) . Snow level is roughly at about 8cm with scattered snow pockets in my garden at 13 cm deep. I measured some drifts against my fence at 25 cm lol :p