Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
back edge of the snow to the east of here not moved at all in the last 5-10mins :D anyone near here still getting snow?

I thought it would of died down by now but its still going :D , must of had another cm or so in the last hour or two.

Posted

Heavy snow again now, but expecting this to be gone in the next hour or two.. :D 4 inches lying now, and still settling though.. -3C here with cloud cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
Is everyone getting heavier snow now except me? we still have snizzle. :D:D

It's not doing owt in Leeds.

Just watched the BBC weather and things for tomorrow evening and overnight look interesting.

Look North's weather is on in 10 mins.

Edited by Stelmer

Posted

Stopped snowing here now it was lighter than I expected overall

8cms with 2-3ft drifts made up for that :D

It`s gone very foggy here freezing hill fog at -0.8c a tricky night`s driving.

Very nice beeb forecast more snow here Saturday, brisk east winds tomorrow :D

likeing these lows heading south makes it much more interesting.

http://85.214.49.20/pics/brack0.gif

Is that for real -9c skies will have to clear for that.

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rtavn1817.png

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rtavn2417.png

Colder the better.

Posted

still light snow here, for some reason i just had a thought cross my mind that i wished it would stop?? ooookkkkaaaayyyyyy????????? i'll slap myself back into reality pretty soon!!

looks interesting for saturday, wonder what the chances are of our snow withstanding a thaw tomorrow and then being added to but the possible comming snow? well me is a happy bunny now anyhow!! :D

Posted
Lol how much do you want? 4 inches I wish I got that :D

Well yeah, I should be pleased. Last time we got 4 inches was '94. In fact, since 2001, we have had no more than 2 inches!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Our 0.00000001cm cover of snow is now freezing :D Yipeee...Roll on Saturday i'm flying to Sweden and spending a week where there is 90cm of level snow and daytime max's of -12c night time mins of -29c :D This part of the UK is the worst place for snow, i was born in Brum and we had a load more snow than here, in fact my dad has text me to say they have 4-5 inches on the ground :D (why did i ever leave)

Posted
still light snow here, for some reason i just had a thought cross my mind that i wished it would stop?? ooookkkkaaaayyyyyy????????? i'll slap myself back into reality pretty soon!!

looks interesting for saturday, wonder what the chances are of our snow withstanding a thaw tomorrow and then being added to but the possible comming snow? well me is a happy bunny now anyhow!! :D

The snow we have today should now last until its eventually washed away, the more snow that stays around tommorow as i expect some wil melt the better as the temps will remain lower, giving us a better chance of snow when the next front moves in, im hoping that the timing of saturdays low is similar to today of around 6am :D

Midlands today forecast had it arriving as snow at 5am, although rain wasnt far south of here, so could be a close 1, need that low a little further south over the next few model outputs

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

Okay??? that's interesting? i just looked at the latest radar and it still shows the precipitation over northern ireland unchanged more or less with seemingly not much petering out?? could that be dragged over cheshire as the low moves out south eastwards??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

There was a nice item on North West Tonight about how soft were getting when we get a little bit of snow and it causes chaos, also Dianne Oxbury who normally is a mild lover seemed almost happy at the prospect of snow.

Edited by James M

Posted

Mmm, tomorrow's forecast has changed for this region.

Instead of just rain affecting the Southern 50 miles of the country (as expected from 13.30 forecast) there is talk of sleet on the Northern edge. Backed up by the recent local forecast. Going to be touch and go tomorrow for seeing some sleet/wet snow falling here, might be worth another trip up to the hills even if only to see it falling and not settling.

If nothing else, it could be a grim, cold & wet day.

Posted

Further flurries here, very sleety and very light. Still, a wintry day with the best being a dusting which became for maybe a half hour a full half a cm of cover. 20 Miles too far North I'm afraid.

Still have some good feeling about the next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Front has reached here but just a wintry mix, floor wet just hopin it freezes and more snow falss :D

SM06

Still very light snow falling in slow motion here.

Looks like a couple more showers developing to our SW.

Posted

5inch here today! didnt expect it at all after the early disapointment of this morning, got about 8inch drifts in places

Posted

Just thought id post a couple of pics from today

dsc02360kb8.th.jpg

and the award for the best snowmen of year goes to

dsc02372od9.th.jpg

Edited by fordy

Posted
There was a nice item on North West Tonight about how soft were getting when we get a little bit of snow and it causes chaos, also Dianne Oxbury who normally is a mild lover seem almost happy at the prospect of snow.

I agree we are becoming soft but this is due to our changing winters.

5cm of snow seems to cause huge chaos and is hyped up in the media whereas if this was the 60's/70's/80's this snowfall amount would of been brushed aside. A snow event back in those days that would of hit the headlines would of needed snowfall amounts around 20-30cm!.

I shall never forget a morning (mid 80's I think) when I woke up at 6am to see the snow and because there wasn't any I went back to bed only to wake up again at 7.30am to find a foot of snow. This is why I am always seeking a true E,ly because the snow showers from these set up's i.e 1987 can bring more snowfall in one shower than what we have seen for the entire day today.

Posted

Only light snow now, but it has been falling almost constantly for 12 hours now! Has topped us up to 7cm now... another 6 hours and I might actually get up to the 10cm I was hoping for! :D Still slightly above freezing though and rather slushy near the buildings and on tarmac...

Posted
There was a nice item on North West Tonight about how soft were getting when we get a little bit of snow and it causes chaos, also Dianne Oxbury who normally is a mild lover seem almost happy at the prospect of snow.

I may be a bit weird like that, but i love to see all normality come a cropper due to snow, just to hear silence save the sound of happy adults and kids enjoying themselves and nothing of the modern world can intrude in on the miracle and beautiful spectical that nature has given us. It must be a poor soul that can throw open the curtains on a cold winters morning and not marvel at the sight of a different world that has silently carpeted his normally hectic and sterile life!!! That's why i love weather, the first thing i ever really saw weatherwise was the structure of a snowflake on a wall whilst at school and then i just kept looking and saw more and more. And i hope i always will!!! (was that off topic?? oops sorry)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
I may be a bit weird like that, but i love to see all normality come a cropper due to snow, just to hear silence save the sound of happy adults and kids enjoying themselves and nothing of the modern world can intrude in on the miracle and beautiful spectical that nature has given us. It must be a poor soul that can throw open the curtains on a cold winters morning and not marvel at the sight of a different world that has silently carpeted his normally hectic and sterile life!!! That's why i love weather, the first thing i ever really saw weatherwise was the structure of a snowflake on a wall whilst at school and then i just kept looking and saw more and more. And i hope i always will!!! (was that off topic?? oops sorry)

Snow beats any other weather hands down in my book what would you rather wake up to heavy snow and a lovely picturesque scene or a miserable cold day with heavy rain etc like i have said its snow for me all the way :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I dont think your weird at all, I love when it happens aswell it is amazing really.

Posted
Just thought id post a couple of pics from today

dsc02360kb8.th.jpg

and the award for the best snowmen of year goes to

dsc02372od9.th.jpg

Wahey a family of snowmen - or to be politically correct a family of snow-people.

In just a few shorts hours they have grown up, fallen in love, got married and had kids of their own. And all in your back garden.

Not too far from real-life in a way lol :rolleyes:

Edited by dodgeredee