Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted

Turned to snow here now and a little heavier, the bbc weather showed how marginal it was for here between snow and rain

Posted

So, like, where's this 10cm of snow we've been expecting today here in Oxford. Met Office has a warning out for our county for additional accumulations, yet it's light sleet currently falling here. Is the mass of precipitation over Wales going to progress any further east, or is it looking unlikely for us now?

Posted

if it stays this heavy i could be looking at 20cm!!

Posted
snowing heavier today than all of yesterday

any one know how long it will go on for

many thanks

(wolverhampton)

Just look at the radar quite some time based on that

Getting heavier here, definately not sleet now

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

At last it has started to snow. Its very fine though and light. Is this how it started

for everone else? temp 1.0c

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Been snowing here on and off all day..

somtimes changes to massive flakes then back to tiny sometimes sleety.

No snow on ground or anywhere.. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Just posted in the snow reports section, but thinking that t2m temps arent the only factor here.

In Wednesbury (West Millands), it was snowing at 1.5oC. In South Derbyshire, just north of Ashby-de-la Zouch (Louth/Breedon/Staunton Harold (sp?)), temps were 1.5oC and sleeting. Here, just south of Derby City, its 1.5oC and raining (perhaps sleety in the odd shower).

And the funny thing is, the upper air temps are meant to be around -5 from Leicestershire northwards, while Hereford should have about -3 upper air temps around now but have heavy snow while I have moderate rain with not a hint of sleet :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
There is going to be some serious snowfall amounts in some areas. Especially for the north/west Midlands. This band could last on into the evening, if it does then we good see some very high totals.

Yeah. I still have 10 cms in my back garden lol. Back to all snow precip now :drinks:

Posted
And the funny thing is, the upper air temps are meant to be around -5 from Leicestershire northwards, while Hereford should have about -3 upper air temps around now but have heavy snow while I have moderate rain with not a hint of sleet :unknw:

Its Baffling for sure!!! Not that im going to complain!!! Selfish ol me :drinks:

Posted
Been snowing here on and off all day..

somtimes changes to massive flakes then back to tiny sometimes sleety.

No snow on ground or anywhere.. :D

:drinks: If only we were 50 miles more East I think! :unknw:

Posted

Leicester should get snow soon started as sleet here but now its quite heavy snow, heaviest since the worse of yesterdays snow :drinks::unknw: im just hoping it remains snow

i wrote snow quite alot there :D

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

almost 7inch now in the back garden had to upgrade to bigger ruler lol!! still tipping down with snow!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

S/East Wales valleys we are on 9 inches and tremendously rising at the moment - roads (main) very dangerous - side roads totally impassable. Temperature currently 0.1 degrees. Apologies from Derek Brockway - rather embarassingly - the local Welsh presenter. Welsh snow most of Wales until 10pm tonight.

There is more overnight - goes to show how unpredictable our weather is - especially snow - and people take charts 10 days ahead as gospel sometimes - 10 hours caused confusion in this one - they have even decided this snow event is now an 14 hour event and does not finish at 2pm. The meto are having real trouble with this set up.

JK

Posted

It does appear that the very heavy snow that's through Central parts of Wales just now is heading in a NNW direction. Wonder if it will cause any disruption to the North West, or if will fizzle out by the time if/when it gets here?

Posted

Snowing moderately but the thaw started a while ago so i don't think it will stick andy i remember you becauase i used to have a different account didnt u like coldplay.

Posted
madness, heavy snow in Heswall - to be 100m asl eh? ;) It's heavier than yesterday and just about settling on wet surfaces actully the settling line as about 10m above me on a tree (no joke)

Its snowing heavy in Flint and Deeside aat sea level. Very heavy snow here. Good to see you getting more snow Ste

Posted
Leicester should get snow soon started as sleet here but now its quite heavy snow, heaviest since the worse of yesterdays snow ;):D im just hoping it remains snow

i wrote snow quite alot there :D

I think you have height on your side mate, my location is around 75m above sea level and you are around 120m above sea level in Hinckley. I have a feeling I will just have sleet all day before it turns to rain tonight, the joys of it all ;)

Posted

Steady drizzle of snow here in NW Sheffield for the past 30 minutes. It would be nice to have some big fluffy flakes for a change.

Yesterday's snow is still intact so we should have a good accumulation by Saturday morning ;)

Edited by galba

Posted
Snowing moderately but the thaw started a while ago so i don't think it will stick andy i remember you becauase i used to have a different account didnt u like coldplay.

Hello, yes I did ;) Where abouts are you from?