Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted

I really don't get this. Nottingham has snow, as well as most if not ALL other counties in the East Midlands. How is it possible that it's remaining as a rainy/sleety mix in Newark and Lincoln? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!
just got in, heavy heavy snow. Roads are jammed, had to abandon car

Oh God, where have you had to leave your car. My other half has just left Warwick to come home to Tamworth - will he make it do you think?

Posted

I think the Beeb expected any PPN to fall as rain/sleet this afternoon on lower ground, so they were clearly wrong, but tonights band will only bring rain as the temps will climb once the current band has gone through.

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
Rain with occasional sleety bursts..

Really? It's snowing heavily here. I'm on the Nottingham/Derbyshire border just outside Castle Donington.

Edited by Cymru

Posted

hi i know thats why i had to take a pic of it as no one would believe me.. Its not even high up and right on the coast nr Ilfracombe.. Took me by supprise glad i had camra lol

kaz

Posted
Should turn to snow soon mate, been snowing here for the past hour

I hope so mate.. but it seems some peoples snow is starting to turn into a sleety mix, might have missed the fun today.

Posted

just heard that fast lane of m69 is white over and speed for cars round here is a slow 5miles an hour sounds interesting

Posted
Last year, someone on here (apols - I can't remember who) made a very good analogy for circumstances like this week and today.

Due to the relative thickness of cold air - the Atlantic mild air finds it hard to shift. Rather like water trying to shift a blob of treacle on a plate.

I like that and it's easy to explain to folk in the pub when they start asking questions - and before they label you geeky :(

I like that anology, aswell Shuggs.

I will try to remember that one.

Do you have one for explaining the QBO/ NAO/AO/MJO etc down the pub too. :(

Brian.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ice days,and snow,snow,snow...
Any reports from Newark/Nottingham?

snowing now in notts,still very wet though.Temps dropping all the time now 1.3,from 2.3 only 2 hours ago...looks like we might get it after all,after watching all around us get it yesterday... :(

Posted

Heavy snow here now... just driven back from Nottinghamshire and the roads are struggling... even settling on the M1! Will take a measurement shortly... See http://www.photoweather.com/aws/cam

Posted

Been snowing here most the afternoon (wet snow) not sticking. However it is now sticking and coming down very heavy :wallbash:

*passes cookies and hot chocolate around*

Robert

Posted
I hope so mate.. but it seems some peoples snow is starting to turn into a sleety mix, might have missed the fun today.

Its still all snow in most areas.

if you take a look at the radar, yellows and pinks indicate where the snow is falling

Posted
snowing now in notts,still very wet though.Temps dropping all the time now 1.3,from 2.3 only 2 hours ago...looks like we might get it after all,after watching all around us get it yesterday... :wallbash:

Looks like your getting your own back! We had 4-5" here yesterday just 20 miles from Nottingham, and just sleety rain now. I don't believe it lol, everywhere in Nottinghamshire has settling snow apart from myself - Sods law.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Heavy snow here now... just driven back from Nottinghamshire and the roads are struggling... even settling on the M1! Will take a measurement shortly... See http://www.photoweather.com/aws/cam

How unfair is that! 15 miles north west of me have still gor around 2 inches laying by the looks of it and my snow melted by midday, 15 miles south west of me have had heavy snow for the past 2 hours while I had heavy snow for around 40 mins and its now turned back to sleet, dear oh dear oh dear! *looks for the overdose to do himself in*

Posted
Been snowing here most the afternoon (wet snow) not sticking. However it is now sticking and coming down very heavy :)

*passes cookies and hot chocolate around*

Robert

Stop it Robert! Anymore hot chocolate and cookies and Il be sick! :wallbash: