Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted
I give in lol. still no snow in rotherham, just the sleety stuff that always seems to happen. On another note, didnt that robert fella have a physcic prediction for the 10th febuary? Must have come a day early :)

Andy

Some precipitation would be nice for me!

I'm going to have to go out and water the garden at this rate. :wallbash::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

roads severe here and blizzard like conditions here! No sign of it turning to rain!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
Some precipitation would be nice for me!

I'm going to have to go out and water the garden at this rate. :wallbash::)

be patient

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Coming down even heavier now. Roads that were full of puddles and slush are now covered again.

Snow falling very heavy here (Mickleover) with thick flakes. Definitely sticking - i'd say about 2cm but building up quickly.

Went to Cannock Chase this afternoon - some very heavy snow there - i reckon about 10cm away from the roads but the roads were getting a bit dicey too. Not sure how it is there now!

Got a friend who lives in your area and he's just rung to say that massive flakes are falling around there.

Posted
I don't want to fill the board up with will it snow questions but was hoping someone could tell me what the chances are of snow over the weekend in the Glasgow area? We haven't had any snow this cold spell and it would be nice if some of that weather reached us up here!

Thanks in advance :wallbash:

hello Blizzard Conditions,

There is a reasonable risk especially lateron on saturday and into Sunday :)

SM06

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

What the heck has just happened!!!!! Am I dreaming!!?? Just looked out the window and its snowing like crazy with huge flakes and its starting to settle on the road which had puddles on about an hour ago :wallbash:

Noooooooooooo its just starting to get good and the PPN is moving north now! (hangs onto the PPN's legs and begs it not to go)

How the heck has this happened, I know the temps are bound to drop after the sun goes down but I never expected full on snow like this at any point today!

Posted
be patient

You expecting anything john? The main band is still well south of us and in heavier bursts i am now getting light snow more than sleet even at 90m asl, you never know later when it gets colder

Posted

Snow still coming down heavily here despite the radar showing it moving away, gotta go out in it now should be fun with the extra 4/5cms weve had today :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Strange light pollution effect here in the west of Swansea as the street lights seems to be reflecting off the snow and giving the clouds an orangy colour.

This year just like 1999, the 8th Feb was a disappointment but the 9th produced some snow, today we had the best snowfall in my location since 1991 (can't verify that with any data though, just my opinion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

:wallbash: The forcefield has been destroyed.

How long will this snow last?

Posted
Coming down even heavier now. Roads that were full of puddles and slush are now covered again.

Got a friend who lives in your area and he's just rung to say that massive flakes are falling around there.

ooh stop it i'm getting all confident now. our roads have puddles on..i'm off out in an hour for a party..i feel like chucking snow at people tonight. please let it happen!

Posted
:( Rain here.... whilst i am confident in forecasting toher areas i still like other peoples views so does anybody think i here on the eats coast will see any settling snow ? :)

SM06

Where are you in Tyne and wear? Saying that because theres no rain here ATM. Our chances are very small thanks to the SST but who knows? You may be surpriced by morning.

Posted

still snowing here! even though nw xtra radar shows sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Still snowing in brum, has been a great couple of days, have not seen snow on snow for many years around these parts, had another 8cm on top of yesterday's 11cm, hopefully northerner's will have your turn later

Posted
Strange light pollution effect here in the west of Swansea as the street lights seems to be reflecting off the snow and giving the clouds an orangy colour.

This year just like 1999, the 8th Feb was a disappointment but the 9th produced some snow, today we had the best snowfall in my location since 1991 (can't verify that with any data though, just my opinion)

Whats your thoughts on the next band of PP to hit us later - rain or more snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Its finally getting heavy here but it is small falkes still.

Posted

Ignore that lol, it shows my area having snow for the past 5 hours, and its been rain. Just starting to turn from sleet to snow now.

Posted
Nooooo me wants more cookies and hot chocolate! I need to comfort eat and drink after seeing my snow melt at midday and have sleety snow since which didnt come close to settling! While Coalville 15 miles north west of me still have 2 inches on the ground and its settling there still.

Cookies and hot choccy all the way!

*passes you extra cookies and chocolate* :(

It is a hard one Andy I wish it would start again for you. It was not settling here all afternoon but now massive flakes and it is sticking nicely.

Robert

Posted

And you waste your money on a rader that can't show the right PPN. I'm sorry but all you are doing is funding NW cash when there is no need.

I'm glad i'm not buying that rader prefer to look at a free rader supplied by the METO - may not be accurate or the best but i won't be wasting my money at the same time.