Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Precognition- What is your take on it?

Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I suppose when your in a 'pre-science ' age and you're dead (mostly) before you're 40 it doesn't give you much of a chance of producing things other than very sophisticated (over time) child-like belief structures. Somewhere, buried within most of the ones I've come across, are reasonable 'codes for living in community'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
So the Experimentation I outlined means nothing? Yes I concede it isn't perfect but any move towards perfection (by removing the current 'methodology' of random number generation) seem more asthetic than useful.

Out of interest how would you explain the evidence the experiment produces?

I'd subject it to the 'Randi test'...If it's okay, it'll be worth $1 million!

Posted
I'd subject it to the 'Randi test'...If it's okay, it'll be worth $1 million!

I used to have a lot of resdpect for both him and his 'test' until I saw how he 'moved' the goal posts to suit. In the instance of the 'test' he viewed it as 'science' and so wouldn't cough up. As I say I 'used' to like him but I'm altering my views. He is another 'slight of hand' mechant and when things get to 'close' for his liking he closes up shop!

Posted

I believe in precognition - one incident with me was when I was out riding on my horse Holly - it was getting late in the day, so I turned and headed for home. I decided to cut through a set of woods that we normally take which knocks about 30 mins off the trek home, but as I neared the woods, I felt very apprehensive and a bit 'sick' in my stomach. I stopped just outside of them and considered the matter and then decided to take the roads home instead. (Holly was nervous too but that was probably her sensing my body language).

Turns out that a person was attacked in those woods later that evening. So yes, I do believe in precognition, or maybe I was just lucky.

Posted
I believe in precognition - one incident with me was when I was out riding on my horse Holly - it was getting late in the day, so I turned and headed for home. I decided to cut through a set of woods that we normally take which knocks about 30 mins off the trek home, but as I neared the woods, I felt very apprehensive and a bit 'sick' in my stomach. I stopped just outside of them and considered the matter and then decided to take the roads home instead. (Holly was nervous too but that was probably her sensing my body language).

Turns out that a person was attacked in those woods later that evening. So yes, I do believe in precognition, or maybe I was just lucky.

In situations like that I tend to listen to my body if if I make a fool of myself/inconvenience myself so what? I do let black cats cross my path and if no danger above I'll walk under ladders, if wide enough I'll pass on stairs but if the butterflies are there I'll umm and arr and do the 'safe' thing!!!

I wouldn't like to lose my life proving it was all hokum.

Posted

I see the M.O.D. are in trouble about the amount of dosh they spent on 'Remote Viewing' in 2002. Hhhmmm.