Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What was the CET from mid Jan-mid Feb 2002?

North-Easterly Blast

Posted

I believe that the warmest monthly winter period ever is mid Dec 1974 - mid Jan 1975 which had a CET of 8.3.

Also, the period mid Jan - mid Feb 2002 was also exceptionally mild - on a par with the above period. Mr Data, what actually was the CET for this period?

I am interested to know this, as the W'lies / SW'lies of Jan 2007 were exceptionally mild even for that pattern, on a par to the same pattern in Jan / Feb 2002, and mid Dec-mid Jan 1974-75. This is compared to months like Jan 1989 and 1990, I mean they were dominated by mild zonal SW'lies throughout, and their CETs did not come near records.

Posted
I believe that the warmest monthly winter period ever is mid Dec 1974 - mid Jan 1975 which had a CET of 8.3.

Also, the period mid Jan - mid Feb 2002 was also exceptionally mild - on a par with the above period. Mr Data, what actually was the CET for this period?

I am interested to know this, as the W'lies / SW'lies of Jan 2007 were exceptionally mild even for that pattern, on a par to the same pattern in Jan / Feb 2002, and mid Dec-mid Jan 1974-75. This is compared to months like Jan 1989 and 1990, I mean they were dominated by mild zonal SW'lies throughout, and their CETs did not come near records.

Mid Jan-mid Feb 2002 had a CET of about 8.0