Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Virtual storm chase

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

A tornado on the Texan /Mexican border claims 9 lives and leaves 40 injured..

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/04/25/...exas-Storms.php

Posted

Well Hutchinson was not too far out from wichita. Different prospects today and in some respects much less opportunity for tornadoes. Two areas strike me as having some potential today. Firstly the Texas Louisianna Border and here I think GFS forecasts are being a little slow so I expect the potential to be more in Louisianna.

The second area is Tupelo in Missisippi again I am further east than GFS currently predicts mainly because I think things are moving quicker than forecast.

Of the two I think I will plump for Tupelo today as I think things will get fairly congested with cells interferring with each other further south.

Things are moving at a quicker pace than I thought earlier and Perhaps instead of the Texas Loisianna border things are likely to move into Missippi by the afternoon. Perhaps inline with Jackson in Missippi or New Orleans.

Still think Tupelo in Missippi is a good bet but I am tempted to move a little east to Birmingham in Alabama. Perhaps later on.

Edited by BrickFielder

Posted

Nice area of storms showing on the Lake Charles radar. Wonder if anything will spin up and would it be easy to chase in that area?

post-1669-1177535855_thumb.png

Posted

Not really much chance of tornadoes today with instability being a bit meagre and where it is found then it does not coincide with upper level winds.

If I was chasing then I think I might head up towards Chicago or more probably Indianapolis in Indiana. A little Mixed Layer Cape ,low level convergence ,moderate upper level winds with some veer.

Posted

200 miles too far south I should have stuck closer to Chicago. Tornados reported near la porte and michigan city yesterday. Not much of a tornado threat really today as conditions for supercells do not overlap with instability. Slight chance of some non super cell short lived weak tornadoes in missouri where models suggest minimal cape a convergence zone , some upper level speed shear and low level wind veer.

Perhaps nevada in Missouri although maybe Richmond in Virginia. Base on recent soundings I think I would have to go with Richmond in Virginia.