Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter Poll

Winter Snow  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What is the deepest level snow depth you have had this Winter?

• Nothing
    • A dusting
    • 1-2 cm
    • 2-5 cm
    • 5-10 cm (2-4 Inches)
    • 10-20cm cm (4-8 Inches)
    • Over 20 cm (8 Inches)
  2. 2. On a scale of 1-10 how satisfied are you with the Winter? (10 being most satisfied)

Posted

Well I gave the 1st half of the winter a big fat zero :o However, 2 snow falls with one giving a substantial albeit brief cover (Feb 8th) was enough to push the overall score up to 2/10. The biggest suprise was the fact that I had the most snow since the Winter of 1990/91! I would never have thought that possible in such a mild Winter. Infact looking at the figures on paper, I wouldn't have expected to see a single flake.

Lets hope next year is an improvement at least in terms of temperature and more prolonged cold spells.

:mellow::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

worst winter i can remember..no snow..no cold..lots of rain and drizzle..damp and dreary all round!

Posted

snow in Jan 3cm ,feb 15 cm and March 2cm have lead me to an above average winter for snow around here best since 1986 and a score of 8/10 only 8 as the cold was not that intense and frosts were something of a rarity ,less frosts than 88/89 winter .now what does that say .still my kids 12/9 yrs have at last seen proper snow ,pity like some winters it did'nt stick around (ie: 7+ days) but i cant moan , now time to look forward to 90+f and spanish plumes :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

This past winter rates as the worst I can remember for mildest and lack of snowfall. I actually hated it. 2/10 for perhaps last weeks colder spell and some recent late frost. Not only has Gordon Brown taken more taxes from us, he has even robbed us of snowy winters! You just can't flog a dead horse. I can't take any more of this mild stuff. One more shot next winter and then thats me off to snowy pastures new.

Live the dream. Nice poll by the way, about sums it up.

C

Posted
This past winter rates as the worst I can remember for mildest and lack of snowfall. I actually hated it. 2/10 for perhaps last weeks colder spell and some recent late frost. Not only has Gordon Brown taken more taxes from us, he has even robbed us of snowy winters! You just can't flog a dead horse. I can't take any more of this mild stuff. One more shot next winter and then thats me off to snowy pastures new.

Live the dream. Nice poll by the way, about sums it up.

C

Lol. That's a tad harsh.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The winter as a whole gets 3/10, very poor.

The first half of the winter gets 0/10, exceptionally poor.

The second half of the winter scores 6/10, average to acceptable, but only because i am more of a snow than cold lover.

December scored 0/10.

January scored 3/10.

February scored 6/10.

Had this being Autumn, i would of been fairly pleased however it was not and this was a poor excuse for a winter.

March so far, scores 6/10.