Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
Hi, thanks for providing first hand info on that part of europe. It must be unbearable in such temperatures, do you know if any heat records have been broken, is this summer on course to be the warmest ever there given the other severe heatwaves you've had so far.

Yes it's truely unbearable to walk in open air at noon. The July record for Romania is 43,5 (Giurgiu, 25.07.2000), the all time record for Romania is 44,5 ( 1938 Brăila district in august, I can' remember the exact date). I don't know if this is the hottes summer, but I do know that 2007 is the hottest year so far in Ro

Today, the maximum temperature expected for Giurgiu is 43, so that July record could fall.

Edited by alter ego

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

GFS outputs suggest you should get a respite over the next few days with temperatures falling back to a more respectable 30C by day, and 15-20C by night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers and Deepest darkest snows of Winter

Looks like there's going to be a big storm over the Bosporus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
Hi ego,

No end is sight to your 'African' Heatwave. I know its been hot in Austria and Croatia but nothing like what you are experiencing in Romania. Must be close to recording all time record in Walachia Region ?

C

Looks like the heatwave will peak today in Romania and Bulgaria. Widespread temps of + 43C this afternoon. Perhaps ' Alta ego ' in Romania can confirm todays max temp and if the all time record has been broken ? Slightlc cooler airmass moving in tomorrow with temps back into the 30s !

C

Posted
Looks like the heatwave will peak today in Romania and Bulgaria. Widespread temps of + 43C this afternoon. Perhaps ' Alta ego ' in Romania can confirm todays max temp and if the all time record has been broken ? Slightlc cooler airmass moving in tomorrow with temps back into the 30s !

C

44.0 C in Calafat at 16.00 has been confirm, that's a new record for Romania in July, now we are just 0.5 C from reaching the all time record.

Look at this temperatures : http://www.inmh.ro/index.php?id=58

Posted
44.0 C in Calafat at 16.00 has been confirm, that's a new record for Romania in July, now we are just 0.5 C from reaching the all time record.

Thanks' Alter ego'

Thats too hot ! Nice 19C here in the UK.

C

Posted
Earlier I mentioned the death toll in Romania but it is actually far worse in Hungary where over 500 people have died! :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6914490.stm

I dont know what is worse.....constant flooding or constant heat and drought.

Posted
I dont know what is worse.....constant flooding or constant heat and drought.

Yes, that's a tough one. With flooding at least you can get to drier ground(upstairs,hill) to escape it but with heat there is no escape really (unless you enter an air conditioned building) and it can be unbearable over 35c IMO. But then floods are more destructive to property and infrstructure yet more people die in severe heatwaves so I'm not sure which is worse at all.

Posted
Yes, that's a tough one. With flooding at least you can get to drier ground(upstairs,hill) to escape it but with heat there is no escape really (unless you enter an air conditioned building) and it can be unbearable over 35c IMO. But then floods are more destructive to property and infrstructure yet more people die in severe heatwaves so I'm not sure which is worse at all.

just come back from CRETE....didnt sleep for 3 nights..to hot 28c at night in the room....air conditioning not that much help

Then come back to floods :( no where to run too lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

If I believed there was a god I would fall to my knees and thank it that I do not have to endure temperatures like that.

T.M

Posted

Hello once again !

Official data for yesterday: Calafat 44.3 (0.8 C warmer then the all time record for July and jus 0.2 C off the all time record) , Bechet 44.2 , Băileşti 44.0 , Moldova nouă 44.0.

The big diffrence today is that at 17.00 at Calafat the temperatures is 30.4 as oppose to 44.1 yesterday.

Posted
Hello once again !

Official data for yesterday: Calafat 44.3 (0.8 C warmer then the all time record for July and jus 0.2 C off the all time record) , Bechet 44.2 , Băileşti 44.0 , Moldova nouă 44.0.

The big diffrence today is that at 17.00 at Calafat the temperatures is 30.4 as oppose to 44.1 yesterday.

Thanks for that up date 'alter ego'. looks like your supply of North African air has now been cut off for a few days at least. We have not recorded 30C this summer in the UK.

C

Posted

What a change, especially for the center of the country !

After the temperature managed tuesday to surpass 35 C in Întorsura Buzăului , this morning, in this same place, there were only 4.8 C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

An astonishing temperature difference from one day to the next. I should think people are wearing overcoats, hats and gloves as their bodies attempt to re-adjust.

T.M

Posted

Where am off to the cost da sol (a place called nerja) in August. Looked at the forecast for it yesterday and it said it was 41c there :whistling: . Hope its not that hot when i go.

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Salut,

After another three days with maximum temperatures around 38 C, now in Bucharest (11.30 a.m.) there are only 15 C with heavy rain. Maximum temperature won't reach probably 20 C. Beautiful weather really :)

Edited by alter ego

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Evening all,

Another warm summers day in the mountains. As this wonderful summer season draws to a close, 30C recorded in the Karten and Lower Austria regions this afternoon. Time for a cold glass of Murau brew lager.

C

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Lovely sunny day throughout much of Austria after the clearance yesterday of a weak cold front. Pressure rising across much of Southern Europe with an increasingly warm air mass getting established after a period of cooler conditions. Temps expected to reach high 70s this afternoon in Southern Austria.

Sorry thats a view towards the Upper Inn Valley near to Seefeld.

C

post-3489-1189943669_thumb.jpg

Edited by carinthian