Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Day 8 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted

Early indications are we are targeting Childress (Tx) for Monday, lots of Chase Teams here at Weatherford heading in the same direction tomorrow, so about a 2 hour drive south for Initaiation.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Seems good to head south but Childress seems too far west to me, unless it's strictly for staging reasons ... expect the worst storms to be between OKC and SPS (Wichita Falls). Current frontal trough is between Childress and Wichita Falls and drifting east at 10-15 mph, looks to me like large coverage of severe storms tomorrow but mainly east of a line OKC-SPS. From the 12 and 24 hour model data and my research positions for severe storm activity, I would think the epicentre tomorrow might be fairly close to a line from Norman OK to Mineral Wells TX, so somewhere near the Red River west of Ardmore as a morning set-up might minimize distance to actual chase opportunity.

Posted

Still an impressive line of thunderstorms that are surviving very wel lthrough the night, looks like this may be a non-stop set-up so the lads out there could be quite exhusted by the end of this. Stil lradar shows very strong line of thunderstorms, with cells heading towards OKC as Roger said in another post, neat line though and huge as well:

post-1211-1178526062_thumb.png

Posted

AWESOME WEATHER

0953Z METARS OKLAHOMA ......OPENS WITH WINDOWS WORDPAD. MODS IS IT OK TO POST THESE HERE FROM TIME TO TIME TODAY?

Edited by blackdown

Posted
AWESOME WEATHER

0953Z METARS OKLAHOMA ......OPENS WITH WINDOWS WORDPAD. MODS IS IT OK TO POST THESE HERE FROM TIME TO TIME TODAY?

The more information the team can get the better. Feel free blackdown.. :blink:

Posted

1500Z METARS OKLAHOMA/TEXAS

ALSO JUST OUT OF INTEREST THE LAST 36H OF METARS FOR TOPEKA KANSAS

Edited by blackdown

Posted

Slight risk today, but do not like the look of today, we will jog south in an hour or to, but not expecting much today, the mush and crap further east is stopping moist air, we are currently in 65f and with Fog after the storms finally finished at about 5am. Hoping that the Caprock can fire a lone cell today, not planning on chasing that far east, everyone is totally knackered after 6 Chase days and a 500 mile travel day!!

Paul & Team

Posted
Slight risk today, but do not like the look of today, we will jog south in an hour or to, but not expecting much today, the mush and crap further east is stopping moist air, we are currently in 65f and with Fog after the storms finally finished at about 5am. Hoping that the Caprock can fire a lone cell today, not planning on chasing that far east, everyone is totally knackered after 6 Chase days and a 500 mile travel day!!

Paul & Team

well take it easy eh Paul? perhaps with luck the storms will head your way and you won't need to do much more travelling.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Take a day off you desereve it.! Especially after such an extremely active weekend..! I'm sure you and the team are well happy with the stormchase so far...

Posted

Paul & Team

post-1669-1178562759_thumb.jpg

Looks like a few cells starting to pop up to the west.

A couple of hailers showing on the Lubbock radar atm..

post-1669-1178563175_thumb.png

Posted
do you think they are up for some more chasing then Paul. reckon they must be shagg tired by now

I think temptation may get the better of them if anything happens not too far away Mick. I think the bar will probably be tempting too.. :)

Posted
I think temptation may get the better of them if anything happens not too far away Mick. I think the bar will probably be tempting too.. :)
well all seems quiet in their area so lets hope they get a few beers and some rest.

Posted

Currently in Childress but Interestingly an Old outflow boundary is taking shape along the Red River valley just North & East of here, with clearing skies and temps near 80f, we are in a great position, but if nothing pops we will retreat to the bar and upload some more pics/video, have amazing shots of the Greensburg Tornado Cell viewed from the east at about 750pm.

Paul & Team

Posted
Currently in Childress but Interestingly an Old outflow boundary is taking shape along the Red River valley just North & East of here, with clearing skies and temps near 80f, we are in a great position, but if nothing pops we will retreat to the bar and upload some more pics/video, have amazing shots of the Greensburg Tornado Cell viewed from the east at about 750pm.

Paul & Team

shall keep an eye on that then Paul. am here all night if you lot want some company. reckon the bar sounds a safe bet though :D

Posted

Yeah Paul that cell to the west looks to be taking shape..

Then again !?? I think its collapsing, will watch for developments over NE way..

Edited by Northern Light