Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

stevestorms day 6

stevestorms

Posted

Ok day 6, we headed out of Brady TX and headed SW once again to find a line, the line didnt look as active as the days before but we jumped onto the most promising cell which went Tornadic! now that was all well and good but we played starty stoppy again runnig east away from the blinding rain and hail, however we were so Close to Tornado 3 it hurt a circulation started not 20 meters from us on the road it was cool and doing all the right things cloud motions started to condence in one spot movement was running in along the bottom and top of beaver tail then it started to rotate, then it got a tad windy-----very blinking windy, we were in the suck zone! blimey that really was strong sucking air from north to south across the front of the line ---- we had to flee just stayed long enough to see our circulation swamped my the rain, this was off the highway 190 near Menard tx we shot east into Menard where Tornado Sirens were wailing, and quicly realised a new cell had formed just to our SE we had to make a 80mph run for clear air, and you guessed it we got caught again, however not to bad and with some careful driving we punched out using the Baron to time our escape.

Great CGs today fab thunder ended up facing the line at back at Brady took cover with our American Pals Leu and Fred outside a high school and faced the demon, it was quite intence but no Tornado that we see although several reports of Tornado from the SE cell as well as the one that passed Menard.

all in all fab day, some fantastic photo ops, here is one from Pete the Brit aka Peter Scott.post-110-1178772955_thumb.jpg

and another by me post-110-1178773316_thumb.jpg

Edited by stevestorms

Posted

Oh yeh, tomorrow looks slie we are blowing out and using a travel day, we are planning to start heading up to the high plains, unless thing look diff in the morning.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Great shelf cloud photos there Steve, been some good storm structures to photograph for both teams over TX these last few days. Currently got a storm flashing nearby us in Ardmore OK - seems to be strengthening a little but, but mostly non-severe storms that formed around the DFW area earlier moving North.

Paul and Stuart are out taking some lightning photos while the rest of us are chilling out indoors with some Buds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Good pics Steve. That first one shows that real green tint - which i've been told is indicative of hail!

Posted

Looks like your having a good time out there in the states.

Two stunning shelf cloud photos. Making me very jealous!

Keep storm chasing!!

Posted

Thanks all, the photo ops have been good this year, we still have to shoot some night time lightning but have not had the right type of storm to do it, ie one that isnt throwing water sideways at yer! lol I hope the pics from both teams inspire those that want to take the plunge and Storm chase the greatest severe weather on the planet.

Nick and paul and team. love the spiderbut really woundnt want to find it in me room lol