IGNORED

June C.E.T

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

16C on the dot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I'd love to go into the 17's but I'm a bit stung by May's coolness (only 1c or so above the 71-2000 mean) so I'll stick with a 16.4c ta.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

im going for 15.8, a warm month but nothing exceptional

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns

*Drum roll* I am going for the warmest June on record of 19C C.E.T. This will be the warmest June since the record breaking June of 1846.

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted

I'll raise you to 20.

Just kidding, wanted to get Mr Data to spill his coffee again. :)

Still thinking it over here, don't want to be put in the stocks by going under 17 or paraded through town in a dunce cap for something under 16.5, although if it means a free trip over, why not?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

13C: Noggin

13.1C: Jim AFCB

14.4C: Cheeky Monkey

14.7C: Fishdude

14.7C: Stu London

14.9C: Optimus Prime

14.9C: Mr Data

15C: Anti-Mild

15.1C: Mark Bayley

15.1C: Tamara G

15.1C: The PIT

15.3C: Steve B

15.3C: Sundog

15.4C: Snowmaiden

15.4C: Geordie Snow

15.4C: Kold Weather

15.4C: Beng

15.5C: Snowyowl9

15.7C: Don

15.8C: Vizzy2004

15.9C: Norrance

16C: Cymru

16.1C: Summer Blizzard

16.1C: Atlantic Flamethrower

16.4C: Mammatus

16.4C: Gray-Wolf

16.6C: Iceberg

16.9C: Ashley Nelis

16.9C: High Pressure

17.2C: Gavin P

18.5C: Vince

19C: Craig Evans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
I'm surprised the May Metcheck CET is 0.9C above average -what with the frequency of fresh northerly winds this month.

Most of the "Northerlies" this May were simply transitional Northerlies as well as Westerlies and a Southerly in southern Britain rather than true Northerlies from the North Pole.

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted
Most of the "Northerlies" this May were simply transitional Northerlies as well as Westerlies and a Southerly in southern Britain rather than true Northerlies from the North Pole.

Are "true northerlies" usually expected in May? I don't know. But I did notice UK going -2/+2C 850hpa for long periods*, while we've not had sustained hot airmass (except in passing for a few days around the 18th and 24th/25th).

*9th > 16th

* 19th > 22nd

* 26th > 29th

This colder upper air, not reflected at ground level, given we are 0.8C above average on Metcheck CET. (I use the Metcheck CET just for illustration, and because I'm not aware Netweather have one.)

Edited by AtlanticFlamethrower

Posted
Are "true northerlies" usually expected in May? I don't know. But I did notice UK going -2/+2C 850hpa for long periods*, while we've not had sustained hot airmass (except in passing for a few days around the 18th and 24th/25th).

*9th > 16th

* 19th > 22nd

* 26th > 29th

This colder upper air, not reflected at ground level, given we are 0.8C above average on Metcheck CET. (I use the Metcheck CET just for illustration, and because I'm not aware Netweather have one.)

Try this www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=cet;sess=

Moose

Posted

Forgot to add my guess for this month.

It's hard to imagine this weather continuing much longer and when it breaks I would imagine the temperatures will soar so I will go for the usual almost a couple of degrees above the long term average so 16 for me please. Thanks.

Moose

Posted

I'm going for 14.2C. I think June is going to be quite unsettled and rainy, like May, and with temperatures not far above the 1971-2000 Average.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Nothing special with my guess, 14.3c

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Put me down for 16.2C, warming up over the month to cancel the slightly cooler start.

Posted
14.7C

Looking at the available output I am tempted to revise this down slightly however in the interests of people not whinging about changed predictions, I will stick with it.

I think any hot spells are a way off yet.

We could be about to see a run of months (with August like to buck the trend) where the CET is lower that that of last years value. I would be willing to put money that May, June, July, September, October and November will all come in less than 2006. If the SSTa data is to be believed then this may extend to December, January and February too.

I know some will laugh at this suggestion, however what I am predicting is not actually that remarkable and I will be the first to revisit whether right or wrong

Edited by Stu_London

Posted

My final call---15C

Downward revision based on the possiblity that the Azores high may decide to stay out in the Atlantic with a weaker high to our east maybe not being strong enough to with-stand the southerly tracking jet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
My final call---15C

Downward revision based on the possiblity that the Azores high may decide to stay out in the Atlantic with a weaker high to our east maybe not being strong enough to with-stand the southerly tracking jet.

Got a feeling too that the AZH will not migrate to us this year so mine is 15c. I think a 'westerly' month is ahead of us

BFTP

Posted

It all depends on our Euro high IMO, there have been some pretty high temps in Germany this May, it would only take a slight shift to direct that heat towards us.Like wise if it doesn't we get a pretty bog standard June.

Posted

I'm anticipating a month of two halves, with much warmer, settled weather likely during the last fortnight, but certainly nothing spectacular. Therefore 15.3c is my call.

Al