Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

WS2300 - Problems

Posted
Er no, didn't know there was one :wallbash:

Hold down the + Key for 3 seconds till it bleeps. It might work.

Posted

Tried that and guess what.......................started working again :lol: :) Thanks a million, only thing is it's telling me it's 2.9 deg outside so the precip heading this way may only be sleet or rain.

Posted
Tried that and guess what.......................started working again :clap::good: Thanks a million, only thing is it's telling me it's 2.9 deg outside so the precip heading this way may only be sleet or rain.

At least you know it will be sleet or rain... :(

Posted
Hi all,just wanted to no has any one used a Lacrosse WS-3610 Weather Station in uk,i have one coming from the states,are they same as ws-3600.Will i have any probs.

Cheers

You may have a problem with the transmitter frequency being illegal. Best to check that out and perhaps use it wired if it is wrong..

Edit.. I can't see any difference between the 3610 and 3600.. The frequency seems to be ok too.. :clap:

Posted
You may have a problem with the transmitter frequency being illegal. Best to check that out and perhaps use it wired if it is wrong..

Cheers for that,will look into it.

Posted

Well I tried that Glen, I tried it several times and then the only bleeps I got were from Miss Shoreline as I hurled expletives at the display unit!!

I'm going to bring it all inside at the weekend for a little cuddle beside the radiator

Posted
Well I tried that Glen, I tried it several times and then the only bleeps I got were from Miss Shoreline as I hurled expletives at the display unit!!

I'm going to bring it all inside at the weekend for a little cuddle beside the radiator

Oh well worth a try anyway.

Posted

All functions have mysteriously returned overnight except the anemometer signal. Time for it to all come down and enjoy a once a year check and clean up before venturing to the shop!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I have seen this mentioned several times about frequencies being illegal, out of interest can anybody tell me the reasons for the illegallity .

Thanks

BU

Posted

The frequencies are allocated by OFCOM in the UK and the FCC in the USA. The licensing is slightly different on the equipment and there are differences in the frequencies used. Some equipment is ok to use but it is up to you to check before you buy..

Hope this helps..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
The frequencies are allocated by OFCOM in the UK and the FCC in the USA. The licensing is slightly different on the equipment and there are differences in the frequencies used. Some equipment is ok to use but it is up to you to check before you buy..

Hope this helps..

Thanks for the reply, do you have any idea what a weather station is likely to interfere with , ie would it be likely to be taxi's or emergency vehicles etc?

Thanks

BU

Posted
Thanks for the reply, do you have any idea what a weather station is likely to interfere with , ie would it be likely to be taxi's or emergency vehicles etc?

Thanks

BU

Where did you purchase the station?

If the station runs around the 433mhz range (perfectly legal, the only station i know of that could possibly run at illegal ranges are the US versions of the VP2 wireless, 800-900mhz) then it could be a whole host of things interfering, from wireless house phones to electrical devices. These all create a spike at some point thus blocking your weather station signal out for the duration. If you can, then i would suggest either taking the console out near the transmitter or bringing your station in to see if its interference. If it still gives no readings at this point then it could be a transmitter problem, maybe corrosion on the transmitter pic.

Regarding the lithium batteries, for the record they seemed to make matters worse, not better.

I'll need to move the display unit to the same side of the house as the station - obvious I know, but easier said than done as I need the PC connected to it too to grab the data and serve up the web site. I'm using this as an excuse (if ever I needed one) to buy a new laptop :lol: so my little mini-itx PC can then be run headless in the spare room and dedicated entirely to the weather stuff.

Posted

A quick question on the WS2300, For my temperature sensor do i know it's sending data when it flashes by the outdoor temp? And does the sensor logo at the top of the base unit come on when it's looking for the outdoor sensor???

Also the pressure always seems to be high, and the weather forecast outside wrong...Like now it's tipping it down but it shows sunny?

Also the pressure always seems to be high, and the weather forecast outside wrong...Like now it's tipping it down but it shows sunny?

Ah, but it's a forecast! :o That means it's telling you what the weather will be, not what it is now. I don't recall reading anywhere how far in to the future the forecast is supposed to refer to though. :rolleyes:

Are you looking at the actual or relitive pressure?

There is a setting in the WS2300 that allows you to set the station to report the relitive sea level pressure that most other stations report. If yours is set to report the actual pressure at your location and height above sea level then will tend to be different. ;)

As for the forecast, the WS2300 consol alters the forecast icons depending on what the barometric pressure is doing at the time. If the pressure is rising then you'll see the Sun icon, if it's falling you see rain and so on.

Posted
A quick question on the WS2300, For my temperature sensor do i know it's sending data when it flashes by the outdoor temp? And does the sensor logo at the top of the base unit come on when it's looking for the outdoor sensor???

The sensor that appear at the very top is looking for the Berlin clock that the station sets to. The update sensor you will see come on in the middle when its searching for data. The pressure can be set to your local area. The sun, rain icons etc are tendency and not the actual weather at the time.

Posted

Ignore all of what i said, Rainfall is being picked up just me panicking.

The wind sensor is great, i fastened it to an old curtain pole which is fastened to my fence so i'll put pics up soon :)

Edited by disco-barry

Posted

Hello all i need the drivers for the easysync usb adaptor i got with my weather station, my cd drive won't take it in i've already lost it once and had to bash it out....The easysync site isn't working either so please could somebody email me them???

I have the ES-U-1001-R10-US232R-10. USB TO RS232 Adaptor.

Thanks, DB.