Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

WS2300 - Problems

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

I have a WS2300 which is continually giving an outside humidity reading of 99%. Has been doing this for over a week. Any suggestions please ?

Posted

Hi Jimben it is very possible the out remote temp/hum sensor to have problem if continually giving out hum 99 % ,but look and inside sensor maybe it have put inside sensor little water or many wet .

I have a WS2300 which is continually giving an outside humidity reading of 99%. Has been doing this for over a week. Any suggestions please ?
Edited by weather1967

Posted

Have you tried changing the batteries?

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

evening guys

sorry i cannot be of any assistance with the ws2300 verison, however if any one needs help with the next version

the ws3600 version , then i can assist you

nigel

Posted
Hi Nigel :rolleyes:

I have the ws3600 to do you ever get it crashing? Many other people have said they do.

evening WM

I did have a few problems regarding the station crashing , however i think i solved that one last week, i did have my station in the other spare room , which is another wall blocking the signal, however ,last week i changed rooms again , and now there is only one wall betwen the station and the sensor outside, since then {touch wood] it hasnt crashed,

i also checked the main cable {has i have mine plugged into the wall, straighted the cable out etc, i also give the ssensor outside a good spring clean about once every 3 or 4 mths

evening WM

I did have a few problems regarding the station crashing , however i think i solved that one last week, i did have my station in the other spare room , which is another wall blocking the signal, however ,last week i changed rooms again , and now there is only one wall betwen the station and the sensor outside, since then {touch wood] it hasnt crashed,

i also checked the main cable {has i have mine plugged into the wall, straighted the cable out etc, i also give the ssensor outside a good spring clean about once every 3 or 4 mths

Thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

Is yours wireless then? mine is cabled I found out that uploading the data every day from it to the computer helps it stop crashing.

Posted

Thanks. I appreciate the replies.

Edited by jimben

Posted
Have you tried changing the batteries?

Hadn't done this because there was no low battery warning light showing. However, decided to change them anyway and guess what... rather embarrassed to admit everything is working ok !! Many thanks for you help Greyowl.

I still get rogue wind speeds from time to time, always gives a reading of 57mph when it happens, even when no wind. I have fitted ferrite rings to cables at base station and sensor which seems to have reduced the incidence of it happening but it still occurs so can only assume that it must be another radio signal interferring.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Help! my EasySync serial to USB convertor doesn't work on the mac but for some reason i cannot get the mac drivers off the website(the cd i have is a 80mm one which won't go into my slot loading macbook)....Can somebody see if they can get the Mac ones off here for me please and email me them?

http://www.easysync.co.uk/index.html?lang=...target=d34.html <<<<<that is the link and it's the USB serial drivers i want for Drivers for Apple OS-X.

Thanks in advance, Aaron.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Seem to have a problem with my rain gauge.

Got my WS2350 at Christmas and everything has been working well so far but today was the first with rainfall and my rain gauge seems to be over doing it a little. Apparently I've gotten over 70mm of rain since 6am this morning while no station near me has gotten anywhere close to that figure.

I thought it would be too low as I have it attatched to a plank of wood about 7m in the air, but instead it's way higher than it should be!

Any ideas?

Posted
Seem to have a problem with my rain gauge.

Got my WS2350 at Christmas and everything has been working well so far but today was the first with rainfall and my rain gauge seems to be over doing it a little. Apparently I've gotten over 70mm of rain since 6am this morning while no station near me has gotten anywhere close to that figure.

I thought it would be too low as I have it attatched to a plank of wood about 7m in the air, but instead it's way higher than it should be!

Any ideas?

I get this from time to time... and the culprit? Ham/cb radio.. I can clock 80mm/h when im using my set, even on low power.. A ferrite ring at the station end can help reduce this..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Thanks for that PP. What exactly is a ferrite ring though?

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the wind shaking it or causing the plank to sway and making the gauge tip and give a false reading as it has been quite windy recently.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I bought a WS2300 last week and set it up on Saturday. There were initial problems with regards to the COM ports on my comp, but these were easily solved. However, the base unit appeared to lose contact with the sensors for periods of time (both day and night). At the time i still had my older WS9115 running, so i removed the thermo/hygro sensor and removed the batteries in case it was this that was interfering with the signal. Amazingly, the signal returned a few minutes later and stayed strong.

However, after downloading Cumulus, and 'hooking' the station up to the comp to display in Cumulus, it seems the data never changes once linked with the computer and then after 15mins or so will lose contact with the sensors yet again!

Throughout this evening the base unit has been attached to my comp, Cumulus is opened and then 30 minutes later or so the signal is lost. Removing the connection to the computer and in 5 mins or so the signal from the sensors is back!

I have no idea why the signal won't stay when the station is connected to the unit? :D

Posted

I have a WS2350.

I have had similar problems with using a USB connection on my laptop......changed over to desk top and used the com port... no problem now.

My issue is with the Wind Speed - it seems to loose connection for long periods although the rain, temps all work well. Any suggestions?

Posted

I'm thinking of buying the WS2350.

Can anyone that's got it confirm whether it shows dew point temperature? (useful in these marginal snow situations!!)

Any other comments?

Cheers

Maz

Can anyone that's got it confirm whether it shows dew point temperature? (useful in these marginal snow situations!!)

Any other comments?

Cheers

Maz

Yes it shows,

Dew point display and recording of the minimum and maximum data measured with time and date.

Posted

Any other comments?

Easy to use, most general weather readings are incorporated, downloadable data, good value for money as a beginners Wx station and has worked well for me for a couple of years. Try to hard wire it where possible as that will give you a quicker update time on things like wind speed and gusts.

Posted
I bought a WS2300 last week and set it up on Saturday. There were initial problems with regards to the COM ports on my comp, but these were easily solved. However, the base unit appeared to lose contact with the sensors for periods of time (both day and night). At the time i still had my older WS9115 running, so i removed the thermo/hygro sensor and removed the batteries in case it was this that was interfering with the signal. Amazingly, the signal returned a few minutes later and stayed strong.

However, after downloading Cumulus, and 'hooking' the station up to the comp to display in Cumulus, it seems the data never changes once linked with the computer and then after 15mins or so will lose contact with the sensors yet again!

Throughout this evening the base unit has been attached to my comp, Cumulus is opened and then 30 minutes later or so the signal is lost. Removing the connection to the computer and in 5 mins or so the signal from the sensors is back!

I have no idea why the signal won't stay when the station is connected to the unit? :whistling:

Try and use the cable to connect sensors to main unit and see if it makes a difference or move the thermo/hydro sensor transmitter.

Posted
Easy to use, most general weather readings are incorporated, downloadable data, good value for money as a beginners Wx station and has worked well for me for a couple of years. Try to hard wire it where possible as that will give you a quicker update time on things like wind speed and gusts.

Thanks for the replies Weathermaster and Coast - from these and other threads on here it seems a good product for a first weather station. Now been ordered!!

Cheers

Maz

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Hi

I have just got a WS2350 (Not yet out of the box) from Skyview the Weather Company.. I also bought a Skyview installation kit, which includes a 5 foot pole and fittings. Plus i got a shelf to secure the rain gauge.

My question is

I know you fit the wind sensor to the pole, but does the thermo/hygro sensor also get fitted to the pole, or does it need to go somewhere sheltered.

Looking to get it set up in the next few weeks, so if anyone has any handy tips to make life easier in getting it up and running, that would be great.

Cheers Steve