Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

4c for Kidderminster on Monday? Not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ive Just Looked through Kidderminsters Net weather forecast and were only due 4c on Monday. I think thats wrong!

Is that whats been forecast because i think thats unlikely.

Not Even Scotland will get that low.

Posted

BBC 5 day outlook had maxima more like 15c for this area on Monday. I strongly suspect we'll at least make double figures at some point in the day, regardless of what GFS says :rofl: That said, it'd still be a tad cool compared with this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This is not the north you know.

Its central part of england but if there was no central england this would be southern england.

Posted

I quote

if there was no central england this would be southern england.

I am lost by your blinding logic or is it illogic?

Posted

I thought Mr Dat was saying we were in the north but we arent.

I was just saying if there was no central england it would be southern england were in.

Posted

More likely get 4c at night, had a low of 2.2c last May 23rd.

Edit

This has got to be posted 2c over my place expect to see plenty of snow from those temps. :D

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
This is not the north you know.

Its central part of england but if there was no central england this would be southern england.

You are north of something, everyone is north of something unless you are at the south pole :D:D

I'm only posting what I heard Tomasz Schadenfreude mentioned on Radio 2. Didn't see the point of making another thread for "5C for the north?" :p

Actually in your first post you said "Not Even Scotland will get that low." Tomasz was suggesting otherwise. :D

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

ok.

Im North of Worcester, Not Much though.

Posted

Late spring lows which track south of due east can create a local temperature anomaly due to the cooling effect of heavy rain or mixed sleety precip, and this is most likely to be found 50-150 miles north of the track of the lows.

In the developing situation, Wales and central England could be the coldest regions due to this heavy precip, while Scotland stays a bit warmer as some sun gets through the cloud layers.

I'm keeping an open mind on this situation as it develops, snow will probably fall on some higher terrain in Wales and the southern Pennines and it may be possible for a mix to begin falling Sunday night into Monday at lower elevations, once it starts raining hard and temperatures fall from say 7 to 4 C then it could go over to mixed rain and wet snow at 3 C, then the air mass cools a little more.

It's very marginal on all counts including the late May timing, but I for one would not be astounded if some people saw some snow out of this. For sure though, there will probably be some very heavy rainfalls across parts of inland southern England.

Posted

Here wont be getting any snow, i know that.

Posted

Seriously, is there a realistic chance of snow over central Wales (specifically the Llandrindod/Rhayader/Newbridge area) between Saturday and Monday? I ask this because there's a big walking event going on round there that I'm involved with (not the walking but the checking in/recording) and if it's going to snow I might be quite busy!

Thanks

Posted
Seriously, is there a realistic chance of snow over central Wales (specifically the Llandrindod/Rhayader/Newbridge area) between Saturday and Monday? I ask this because there's a big walking event going on round there that I'm involved with (not the walking but the checking in/recording) and if it's going to snow I might be quite busy!

Thanks

I wouldn't discount the possibility on Sunday, although probably just wet stuff and not settling. In any case, Sunday does look like being very wet with poor visibility. Shouldn't be too bad there on Saturday and Monday though - though definitely on the chilly side on Monday.