Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Monday 28th May 2007

Posted

horrible been rainning now for 29 hours here in suffolk present rain reading is 22.07 and its still poring down if i did not know better its jan out side, and looking at the radar no sign of it stoping yet!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Just stopped raining for the first time since Saturday evening - that means we've just had about 42 hours of continuous rain here. I blinked and the hint of brightness was gone! Temperature creeping up slowly, just reached 9.0 after last night's minimum of 4.4. I suspect this break in the rain will be short-lived though...

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
Just stopped raining for the first time since Saturday evening - that means we've just had about 42 hours of continuous rain here. I blinked and the hint of brightness was gone! Temperature creeping up slowly, just reached 9.0 after last night's minimum of 4.4. I suspect this break in the rain will be short-lived though...

lucky old you its belting down here again !!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
Overcast with continuous light rain, another 2.9 mm overnight giving a total of 13.1mm for yesterday.

Temp' is 4.5c and still falling slowly.

Mean wind speed 23 mph N

Vis' 8 miles.

T.M

Did you see any sleet at all. I thought I may have seen some while out walking on top but couldn't really confirm. NO car windscreens nearby at the time just a few fellow walkers.

Posted

Current Nearest Observations:

light rain 7°C

Northerly (15 mph)

Relative Humidity (%): 88,

Pressure (mB): 1007, Rising,

Visibility: Moderate

very chilly in the wind and still quite rainy

Posted

seen the sun here, albeit briefly but on several occasions, a brisk northerly to dissaude one from being outside for very long mind you.

temp is 11.6C, it made 13.3C briefly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Did you see any sleet at all. I thought I may have seen some while out walking on top but couldn't really confirm. NO car windscreens nearby at the time just a few fellow walkers.

I Wen't past owler bar at around dinner time it was 4.5c at the moorlands pub area it was only raining though but i would hazard a guess at the highest parts say the snake pass and kinder scout might have seen some wintryness :unknw:

Posted

Its turned out to be quite a nice dry and sunny day here. Some high cloud about and some cumulus to the south but mostly sunny. A cool breeze too but doesnt feel too cold in the sun.

Current temp: 13.3c

Humidity: 47%

Posted
I Wen't past owler bar at around dinner time it was 4.5c at the moorlands pub area it was only raining though but i would hazard a guess at the highest parts say the snake pass and kinder scout might have seen some wintryness :drinks:

There were at least 2 hail/sleet showers here in bents green mid afternoon. I was in the greenhouse as the ice pellets came down and there was a time where the rain drops were massive and contained ice too.

Posted

Temp 9.8c (Max 12.4c)

Pressure 1004.5 rising

Wind NNW 28mph

Rainfall Yesterday 14.1mm

Rainfall Today 14.4mm

Monthly Rain 73.4mm (avg 38.1mm)

Heavy rain overnight then grey with drizzle for much of the day also with strong cold winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

What an absolutely dismal day. heavy hail here, bordering on sleet, temperature has plummeted to 3°C in that shower. Very un late-May like

Posted

A cool, breezy day with persistent light rain that changed to sharp showers (inc. hail) before finally clearing in mid afternoon to sunny spells. Max 10c.

Sunny now, but still cloudy to the East due to the frontal system, 8c.

Posted

Cloudy, some rain in the air still.

Wind: North/northwest 23mph

Pressure: 1005mb Rising

Temperature: 7.8C

Rainfall: 68mm since Saturday 11:00am.

Posted

Current Conditions From Sandown, Isle of Wight

Air Temperature 9.6°C

Humidity 66%

Dewpoint 3.5°C

Wind NNW at 7.0 mph

Barometer 1007.5 mb & Rising Slowly

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Well, during the dryer earlier p.m. it reached the dizzy heights of...um...+7.6 - hard to believe that on almost exactly the same date two years ago (27th May 05) we hit 32.1C - that's ninety degrees in the old money. It's been back down at 6.2 or 6.3 for several hours now.

Further rain later pm, died out now, and the strong wind has dropped to almost nothing. After yesterday/last night/this morning's deluge, we added another 6mm this afternoon - total for the 36 hours, 41 mm.

Ossie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

After a dry first half, there was a few hefty showers this afternoon, the temp plummeted in the showers. Strong northerly winds made the high of 13C not feel anything like it. Showers now clearing and there is a risk of ground frost tonight, so I've had to refleece my dyxonia and cover up my tomato plants and pumpkin I planted a few days ago thinking they would be safe! Met office saying minimum temperatures could be as low as 1C tonight, very unusual for late May.

Temp: 6.8C, falling

Humidity: 89%, steady

Pressure: 1009mb, rising

Wind: calm

A few showers in the morning with ome sunny spells, but these cleared in the afternoon to give long sunny spells, with unbroken sunshine in the evening, Still a cool breeze though.

Posted

Weather Report From Blakenhall, Cheshire

CW57NP - (53.02, -2.41)

00:10 AM

Current Temperature: 4.1 degrees

Dew Point: 2.9 degrees

Pressure: 1010mb Rising

Humidity: 92%

Wind: Negligible

Daily Rainfall: 2.5mm

Outlook: Sunny

Maximum Windspeed: 16.1 mph - 15:25

Maximum Temperature: 14.6 - 12:00

Mimimum Temperature: 3.6 - 23:40

Average Daily Maximum Temperature (May): 18.6 degrees [11 data sets missing]

Average Daily Minimum Temperature (May): 06.3 degrees [09 data sets missing]

Total Rainfall (May): 101mm

Either the persistent rain was quiet light or I need to clean my raingauge funnel...