Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June Photo Competition

Posted

Flaming June. Wimbledon to look forward to (ahem), test cricket, camping, bbqs, beer gardens...

Anyway, lovely nw photographers - let's get those fingers clicking and those shutters buzzing and post into this thread any photos taken during June 2007 that you wish to enter into our Monthly Photo Competition. Maximum three entries per member.

Any photos can be submitted. These will then be sifted into weather-related and none weather retaled before voting. The weather related photo that wins the vote will be the photo for June in the 2008 netweather.tv calendar.

Remember:

Entries will NOT be accepted if they're sized above 1024 x 768.

So please resize.

Here's a free resizing programme - it really couldn't be easier:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/jresizer.html

Or for Macs:

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Graphics/iResize.shtml

Happy snapping :unsure:

Posted

OK OK I will start the ball rolling :good:

PICTURE IS COPYRIGHT STEVE LANSDELL USA 2007

post-110-1181029378_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Hi all,

I'm not sure how "weather relevant" these are - but they've all got loads of blue sky in them! I spent all Saturday at Biggin Hill for the first day of this year's Air Fair and came away with a few good shots (not surprising considering I took over 1200 on the day - isn't digital photography a wonderful thing?!)

post-2922-1181050017_thumb.jpg

post-2922-1181050085_thumb.jpg

post-2922-1181050146_thumb.jpg

DS

Posted
OK OK I will start the ball rolling :whistling:

PICTURE IS COPYRIGHT STEVE LANSDELL USA 2007

post-110-1181029378_thumb.jpg

Lol Steve!!

You cheater, I know Steve was back in the country in June, when did he fly back out to take that!! :lol: :lol:

Paul S

Posted

YEAKSSS!!! :whistling: I didn't realise pictures had to be taken in June!!! yep its a fare cop gov by all means leave it up but dont count it in comp, I will keep fingers crossed for something Tstorm wise this month :lol:

Edited by stevestorms

Posted
Hi all,

I'm not sure how "weather relevant" these are - but they've all got loads of blue sky in them! I spent all Saturday at Biggin Hill for the first day of this year's Air Fair and came away with a few good shots (not surprising considering I took over 1200 on the day - isn't digital photography a wonderful thing?!)

DS

Stunning Photo's DS.. Love no3.. I'd consider taking that one to their site and asking if they want to use it on flyers and programmes.. Might not get anything other than a credit but if you don't try, you never know... Yep, it is that good..... :blush:

Posted

I managed to get out for a few days to visit my nan in Hunstanton which is where the sunset photo was taken. The flower was taken in my garden yesterday just after it had rained.

post-347-1181470797_thumb.jpg

post-347-1181470991_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hey! Hunstanton, probably the only place on the East UK you can see the sun set in the west across the sea :wallbash: its the "WASH" yer know!

Edited by stevestorms

Posted
Stunning Photo's DS.. Love no3.. I'd consider taking that one to their site and asking if they want to use it on flyers and programmes.. Might not get anything other than a credit but if you don't try, you never know... Yep, it is that good..... :)

I agree DS - fabulous shot of the Red Arrows breaking formation and coming straight at the camera in perfect symmetry. I don't think I have ever seen a shot of them from that angle before. You must have had an incredible vantage point and used a very good long lens. And you obviously had better weather for the show than we did at Southend the week before. The weather was awful.

Well done :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
Hi all,

DS

Truely wonderful photos DS.

Posted

Guys,

Thanks for the kind comments - a few of the pics did turn out rather well. I looked at the Red Arrows' site and they do have a "gallery" section but there doesn't seem to be a way to post to it! Maybe I'll drop them an email.

Surprisingly enough my vantage point wasn't particularly special. I was lucky to have a very bright day (which enabled me to hand hold my Sigma 50-500 lens) and the Red Arrows do that particular break from about 500 Ft. That picture is a 100% crop which turned out quite well considering.

I've posted a few more on my photobucket page.

DS

Posted

post-6250-1181811184_thumb.jpg

post-6250-1181811232_thumb.jpg

post-6250-1181811314_thumb.jpg

Well here's mine for June. Taken from Paradise Island in Dominican Rebublic. Fantastic views! Hope u like!!!!

Posted

Beautiful photos Andy and Zoe,

Great perspective achived with the wide angle lens.

Posted

Wrong pics uploaded, will upload when Camera back from repairs in next few days

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Superb photo's Paul... Just outta curiosity what would you experience standing where the wall cloud meets the ground? Or would you not be around afterwards to tell ya tale..lol..

Posted

Great photos Paul.

They look great from here but it must be wonderful to experience such weather phenomena

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Superb Photos Paul! :drinks:

Mammatus

Posted

You're not going to believe that I took this picture in June (Friday 15th) just a half hour's drive from where I live, but also at 1100 metres above sea level at the Mount Seymour ski centre which is usually free from snow by the end of May, but this year snow has held on due to continued cool and moist conditions. At the time this picture was taken, 8 pm, it was about 5 C at this altitude, 15 C down closer to sea level.

post-4238-1182102983_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roger J Smith

Posted

post-1964-1182161531_thumb.jpg post-1964-1182161578_thumb.jpg post-1964-1182161590_thumb.jpg

A sample of the beautiful skies we have had here in Devon this last week. Photos as it was - no enhancement. Taken on Friday 15th June, early evening.

dl

Posted

Antstruthur Harbour with the tide on its way in, Sunday:

post-1217-1182190467_thumb.jpg

Dunbar Harbour, today, with the haar starting to clear:

post-1217-1182190478_thumb.jpg