Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

TC 'Gonu---Category-3

Posted
I am surprised you haven't found a rainfall radar for the area yet Mondy :lol:

Haha! Now you mention it.....

Tbh, kinda lost interest in all things weather recently...can i say that on a weather forum? :rofl:

No doubt when the hurricanes become more apparent, i'll bounce back :lol:

Edit: Infact, here you go: http://www.met.gov.om/sat.php3

Edited by Mondy

Posted

I'm sure it will Mondy, as soon as the biggie's pop up in the Atlantic like I'm sure they will!

Interestingly the winds are now back upto 90kts, I thought that Gonu wouldn't get any stronger and stay pretty much close to the borderline cat-1/2 as it comes and makes landfall in Iran...however thinking about it now actually it makes some sense, the center is still over the water however the western quads ar eover land and so frictional forces will power up the convection again and winds will therefore rise in response-while we are here thats why sometimes hurricanes have such high gusts when compared to sustained wind speeds. We are seeing this with Gonu with convection reformed quite neatly over the system.

Posted

Some amazing photos at this site:

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.a...at+Wreckage+%21

It also appears that the LNG terminal is still not back up and running according to this report at Reuters yesterday.

The main liquefied natural gas terminal at Sur, which was badly hit, was not operating, a shipper said. Sur terminal handles 10 million tonnes per year of LNG.

Copied from eric on PowerSwitch