Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion early to mid June (merged)

Posted
Looks like im riding this out alone then, havent heard from Tamara, you havent been wiped out have you?!?! B)

Its all closing in for a direct hit here.

Joe :)

i'm here too ! but looking at meteox radar looks like storms tracking a little more to the east now kent and essexin firing line tamara prob wanted to save her pc !

Edited by biddie

Posted

No, I'm also trying an all nighter for this but im not letting my hopes get to much. As enticing as meto radar is becoming from the SE, i keep refering back to the netweather strikestar and it soooo looks like its moving off SW to my location.

I hear light rain and thats the most activity its been tonight

Biddie, which radar are you using?

Edited by kentish_sally

Posted
No, I'm also trying an all nighter for this but im not letting my hopes get to much. As enticing as meto radar is becoming from the SE, i keep refering back to the netweather strikestar and it soooo looks like its moving off SW to my location.

was just checking those reds on the meteox rader seem to be moving further to the east wheras bout an hour ago seemed to be traking more north east

Edited by biddie

Posted

meteox radar is what were using www.meteox.com

15 minute updates, zoom function and usually very accurate.

Joe B)

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

The good old sun will be rising soon, so it'll be adding some needed juice into these storms batteries. I'm guessing alot more electrical activity is going to initiate as the day progresses B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
still lots of hits in the channel. not sure if london is seeing any of it

The cells seem to be moving nnw, so it does look like London is going to get some storm activity, but it is the far SE and E Anglia that look like they will get the brunt of the action.

Keep radar watching, could be intersting for quite a few of us!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Massive amount of strike activity there...

post-2587-1181276932_thumb.png

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

An amazing amount of lightning coming from this out to sea. Does anyone think it will hold once this system makes landfall - if so i may take a drive down towards the South East to see it.

Any reports from down there would be great. B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Well the rain started here about 30 mins ago, just heard the first rumble of thunder, must have been 40 miles away or so though, jusdging by how it was not that loud, and rumbled for a long time, meaning lots of echoeing had gone on before it reacherd me. The heavy rain doesn't look far off me now - if this heavy stuff gets here soon, i may not be able to get out of the village for work! Fingers crossed B)

Posted

now rumbling. A crack of thunder woke me up 10 minutes ago, it was loud. I thought it was supposed to arrive later today, or is there another area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

My local BBC weather said that it will be worst by about midday, with alot of lightning and torrential downpours around then. Looks like an exitingg day ahead weather wise! Few more bits of lightening here, only one strike every 15 mins or so though. MY new little puppy is scared, but she'll have to see her first thunder sometime I suppose, probably best young.

Not very heavy rain actually, even though the radar shows 25mm/hr, its actually only 3mm/hr - evaporation going on as its high level?

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted

it's rumbling more and more now, I hope I see something decent. What abouts are you then Suffolkboy?

Posted
it's rumbling more and more now, I hope I see something decent. What abouts are you then Suffolkboy?

Hi, i'm 10miles North of Ipswich, near Framlingham, yes I agree, lightening is getting more frequnt, but its all sheet lightning with all this North Sea low cloud still around! I'm looking forward to the heavy rain just as much as the lightning, but not much of either yet!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Woot i may get thunderstorms tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking at the radar for tonight this heavy rain is coming over me.

Posted

Looks like all the lightning activity is out to sea!

http://www.blitzortung.org/index.php?stati...ap=5〈=e

Posted

I dont think the storms in the SE will make it this far Blizards mate, the whole system might track towards us but will fragment all the time so we just might end up with a few showers if anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

moderate rain here, along with our first rumble of thunder to the south east. Very heavy and threatening looking skies.

Mammatus

Posted

What confuses me is that the rain is nowhere near as heavy as any of the radars are showing!? Only 3mm/hr here where the radar is showing 25mm/hr!? Is this beacause it's high level meaning evaporation before it hits the ground?