Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Met Office winter prediction for winter 1995-96

Posted

Here's an article from the Sun (18th November 1995) warning readers that the Met Office are predicting that the winter of 1995-96 was going to be a cold one.

Take into account of the usual tabloid exaggeration, not a bad prediction.

wint1-1.jpg

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted
Here's an article from the Sun (18th November 1995) warning readers that the Met Office are predicting that the winter of 1995-96 was going to be a cold one.

Take into account of the usual tabloid exaggeration, not a bad prediction.

wint1-1.jpg

Any more pictures

Guest Viking141

Now that was a winter!! Shetland cut off, 30 feet of snow in places and a local state of emergency declared. If only.....

Posted
Now that was a winter!! Shetland cut off, 30 feet of snow in places and a local state of emergency declared. If only.....

It'll happen again, don't worry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yes i remmember that winter, the freezing rain on the 30th December i wish i had took some photos , not seen anything before or since! :blush: We did not get above freezing for about a week from about the 25th to the 31st. In my records ive got down Scotland had record lows that year ...Glasgow at minus 21 at night and not getting above minus 19 during the day and on the 30th, Scotland recorded its joint coldest night since records began at minus 27 degrees celcius..so even though the temperatures recovered in January and it was not the coldest winter on record in the UK it certainly will go down as one of the coldest in my lifetime and im not quite 40 yet....! ;)