Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Australia is warming up

Posted

Anyways i have looked at the forecasts and the temperatures starting to soar again during next weekend to end of June! Jabiru temperatures heading towards 33C, Kununurra back to 32C, Darwin back to 31C, Katherine back to 33C, Tennant Creek back to 28C, Cairns back to 29C, Mackay back to 28C, Rockhampton back to 27C. And here back to 25C!

I'm wondering if this cold winter would be as small in between first and second cold pools and thats it for rest of winter? That strong high in eastern Pacific is going to generate La Nina and higher SOI's. Sea surface temperatures are also increasing too. Therefore i think we are heading into warmest winter on record.

Last September, we had first 30C day ever record. Old record was 29.2C and new record was 31.1C. In May, ealier on that month, first temperatures ever reached 30C! Old record was 29.0C and new record was 32.0C. So we have three months left in the year that doesn't have 30C days ever.

I am thinking that August this year would reach our first 30C day. I believe our climate is warming up fairly quickly.

Any suggestions?

Posted

Supercell, are you saying that your all time high has only been 32c? It reaches at least that kind of temp here most summers and often warmer. Last year I recorded 34.4c in July.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

However, it does look rather chilly in New Zealand at the moment with frequent south-westerly winds.

Posted
Supercell, are you saying that your all time high has only been 32c? It reaches at least that kind of temp here most summers and often warmer. Last year I recorded 34.4c in July.

I think those temps are referring to winter months. UK summer = Aussie winter... :rolleyes:

Posted

Yeah true lol!

Kununurra reaching 30's already including a little cooler days when NW cloud band rain comes through the area. Worthwhile temperatures across the Top End soar towards 33C in day and night is so lovely 25C! Across the eastern coast (QLD coast) is now warming up towards 29C for Cairns and Townsville.

For the SE states, the days remain cooler but expecting to be warmer towards 6-8C above average. For here the temperatures remaining hotter like North QLD coast. Mins may not go below 10C inland and daytime reaching 27C.

I think what the deal with La Nina gonna shrink our winter this year??