Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms / convective general discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some Clouds Bubbled up here today but going away now but tomorrow looking good for Storms here so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

IMO the best place for storms tomorrow will be Leicestershire, Rutland, North Cambridgeshire, South Lincolnshire and Northwest Norfolk. Its just South of the weather front in the warmer humid airmass (the front could be a trigger), there is wind convergence present (a secondary trigger) and decent CAPE to be tapped into. Negative LI also shows the air is unstable. Of course this could change if the weather front slows down or moves faster than expected.

This is not to say there won't be any elsewhere though, but if i was a betting man i'd say the areas indicated above are most likely.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Friday is looking good for convection across most of England and Wales, according to the 12z: -

post-3900-1181676235_thumb.jpg

I have a feeling that the extent of the area of instability will be a tad further south than progged though.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Just had a brief unexpected 10min shower here thats left the ground wet. I must say it feels muggy warm and thundery outside even though no storms are forcast until tommorrow, feels potent outside nontheless.

Posted
It looks like NI is getting another hammering tonight

Same places again that were hit earlier :D

No, I wouldn't call it a 'hammering'.

What occurred earlier, during today was a 'hammering'.

Posted
It looks like NI is getting another hammering tonight

Same places again that were hit earlier :D

Well its been raining hard for the past 2 hours but nothing like earlier today.

Northern Ireland Water stated they had received unprecedented reports of flooding, affecting quite a few areas and many hundreds of homes.

Just as the current rain starts to get lighter I notice another fairly intense line of showers in Donegal moving east.....no associated sferics yet but to be honest we don't need any more rain for now :D

Posted
:D That's amazing! All that flooding, whilst here we had a fantastic end to the day, clear skies and very warm. :D

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

No Major storms around here {North East yesterday} apart from alot of rain , 24mm rain fell from 0700 yesterday to 0600 this morning, other parts like Consett area had alot more rain than we did {closer to the Pennines} ,however looking at the skew charts today

very interesting

nigel

Posted

BBC weather actually mentioned the 't' word this morning. I have to say it does look pretty good for storms today across the Midlands (John Hammond on East Midlands today said we can expect some nasty downpours with thunder) and there was even mention of thundery rain moving up into the SE overnight on the national forecast. An interesting 3 days ahead me thinks :D

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep same for West Midlands too. Metchecks Cape goes upto about 460 here today and Over 700 here on Friday!

Posted

Check this out!!! :D:D

www.estofex.org

MCS for tonight anyone!!!

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Yeah, drizzle anyone? :)

Another glorious day here today, might dust off the camera later on the offchance, I've almost forgotten what lightning looks like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Been abit poorly for the last few days, so I'm abit behind on whats happening up there.

Any storms predicted for my end today? I know its bloody muggy out! Horrible!!

Kain

Posted

Those storms over W France look to be still producing some sferics. Any idea what direction they are heading and whether they will still be producing lightning if and when they reach our shores?