Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms / convective general discussion

Posted
Yeah, drizzle anyone? :)

Another glorious day here today, might dust off the camera later on the offchance, I've almost forgotten what lightning looks like!

I definately have!! An aweful start to the year for us! Even the April showers and convection didnt happen!

Posted

Well its looking a little more promising today. Liking the look of whats developing to the south west English Channel and which way its going :) . Alas we may even see something today. Fingers crossed

Posted
Those storms over W France look to be still producing some sferics. Any idea what direction they are heading and whether they will still be producing lightning if and when they reach our shores?

Apparently they will. That means they are bound for Eastbourne!

Posted

C'mon. You dont need them all in Eastbourne. Share them round, say around the west of the Isle Of Wight?

Posted
Well its looking a little more promising today. Liking the look of whats developing to the south west English Channel and which way its going :) . Alas we may even see something today. Fingers crossed

And you are where?? Can you pop it into your profile please? Ta!! :)

Posted

Welcome to Netweather lightning fan.. :)

Do us a favour and stick your rough location in your profile then everyone knows where you are talking about when you say its looking good.. :)

Posted
C'mon. You dont need them all in Eastbourne. Share them round, say around the west of the Isle Of Wight?

They don't - I agree! Winchesters forcefield is holding well! :)

Posted
Those storms over W France look to be still producing some sferics. Any idea what direction they are heading and whether they will still be producing lightning if and when they reach our shores?

Yeah it does look like they are having some decent action in parts of France atm

looks pretty impressive on the radar.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
Welcome to Netweather lightning fan.. :)

Do us a favour and stick your rough location in your profile then everyone knows where you are talking about when you say its looking good.. :)

Here potty what makes you think he/she comes from a rough area..!!! :):)

Posted

From Estofex: "Low-level veering profiles will also be marginally favorable for supercells, posing a threat of severe hail. "

Now imagine one of them trotting its way across the channel!! *Wishes* :):)

Posted

LOL. Bullying the new guy eh....how degrading. Looking inland at the moment, I can se some nice cloud developments taking place...only trouble is they're inland which isnt much use to me

Posted

Lots of fluffy cloud here (sorry don't know the technical names still LOL)

Whats the dew point and the temperature required to set off convection today??

Posted
Yeah it does look like they are having some decent action in parts of France atm

looks pretty impressive on the radar.

Hi GMG,

it looks even more impressive on the latest IR Satellite:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_IR.html

Fingers crossed for Beka and Lightning Fan as I am in line if you catch anything later... :)

Posted

Any thoughts on this lot? I see theres a fair amount of it down there, and looks like its reamaining failry steady in development

post-7123-1181730440_thumb.jpg

Posted

Thank you chaps! I'm going to text KellyF on the Isle Of Wight then she can shout us if she see's anything! Then i'll warn you northerners! LOL

Any thoughts on this lot? I see theres a fair amount of it down there, and looks like its reamaining failry steady in development

Pst your no aloud to to post them (copy right) If I whisper no one will hear us lol. Just for your info post the link to it which is thus: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

I just looked at it and think its got our names on it. Well yours first :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well you may have a stormchaser from Derby joining you tonight if this comes off. Looks like i'll be needing the Red Bull and Pro Plus a plenty!!!

Before this i could get to see a storm here this afternoon - but there is just something so appealing about seeing lightning over the sea. I've never witnessed it b4. Could tonight be my night???

Posted

Ill keep a weather eye on the southern and western skies for you guys, and give you a shout if I see anything worthwhile, and who knows, if there is I may go out with my mate and his camera....Thats how I got my display pic :)

post-7123-1181730893_thumb.jpg

Posted
Well you may have a stormchaser from Derby joining you tonight if this comes off. Looks like i'll be needing the Red Bull and Pro Plus a plenty!!!

Before this i could get to see a storm here this afternoon - but there is just something so appealing about seeing lightning over the sea. I've never witnessed it b4. Could tonight be my night???

Do it mate!! Drive down now and book yourself a room on the seafront somewhere (Southampton is Central to both the east and west) as I "think" there is a chance for tomorrow also ... If not it'll be a blooody good adventure for you!

Posted

Ohhhhh. My bad. sorry about that. LOL. And Supacell, your quite right. My picture was taken overlooking the sea, and it is truly fantastic to see. Fingers, and toes, crossed or later

Posted
Ill keep a weather eye on the southern and western skies for you guys, and give you a shout if I see anything worthwhile, and who knows, if there is I may go out with my mate and his camera....Thats how I got my display pic :)

Gorgeous! Wow is that over the Solent??

Better go check camera and batteries...

Posted
Gorgeous! Wow is that over the Solent??

Better go check camera and batteries...

Yup. That was taken at Barton On Sea. If theres a storm about, thats where Ill be. I have some more, and more from the New Forest, but I have yet to upload them

Posted
Ohhhhh. My bad. sorry about that. LOL. And Supacell, your quite right. My picture was taken overlooking the sea, and it is truly fantastic to see. Fingers, and toes, crossed or later

Lightningfan - stunning shot!

With regards to the radar image you posted I have run the animation feature on the Net-Weather radar.

The rainfall across Northern Ireland and Northern England appears to be heading in an easterly direction. The stuff moving up from France is heading in a NNE direction, however the further north the precipitation is the more northerly it is headed and the further south the precipitation is the more NE it is headed... hope this makes sense!