Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms / convective general discussion

Posted

A cell has appeared on radar just to the East of me in the last 30 minutes that I think is is heading your way Supacell

EDIT : Look like that cell is dying away

Edited by simon1

Posted
Looks exciting in Lincolnshire.

Looks like theres some rain with some heavier bursts heading across into Co. Durham and Yorkshire. Any chance of it turning thundery?

I know storm conditions are not great up here but I saw a forecast on text yesterday which said thundery rain for Northern England today.

Yes I have just noticed that, looks like things are beefing up a little on the latest radar image

and could be some possible action for us too.

Still mainly dry here though, with just the odd light shower or two.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

That rainfall to southwest does anyone know wheres its going, it looks like it may start raining quite moderatly in dorset, hampshire soon not sure about thunder though. :wallbash:

Paul

Posted

Just a quick reminder, we do have a time limited special discount of 10% available for selected nw extra subscriptions currently - this includes radar only, lite (the most popular option currently) and full subscriptions.

Visit this page for more information and to sign up for instant access to the 5 minute radar, lightning detection etc etc.

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/login.pl

Posted

WoW :wallbash:

Some serious activity around Lincolnshire if the Radar is to believed

Edit OOPS!

Sorry Paul just seen your above post

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

Just so long as they stay away from Essex!! 1 Storm in 714 days, need to make it to the Thousand :shok::wallbash:

Paul S

Posted
Lincs is widely thought by many to be the storm centre of the UK.

Is that just out of pure luck Paul, or is there a specific reason for that.

Posted
Just so long as they stay away from Essex!! 1 Storm in 714 days, need to make it to the Thousand :shok::wallbash:

Paul S

Hahahaha....glad you get off on your storm adventures..otherwise if I were you, I'd just flippin move.

Posted

Quick plug - the 5 minute radar when zoomed to your postcode on days like this is a stunning resource :wallbash: . I have been watching the heaviest downpours moving to my SE and NW (the best views I have from upstairs windows) and directly overhead during the last 30 minutes. Heard one rumble of thunder just to the NW and with the lightning overlay I have been able to pinpoint where I was in relation to not only the lightning/thunder, but to the heaviest rain too!

Watch this area as it edges NNE through the afternoon (over the M4 towards the Midlands/Berkshire probably), it's developed quickly and could become very active IMO.

Posted

Well looking on the latest radar Image one of those Xs appears to be over me, but

very little is happening here apart from the wind has increased a little

Posted

GMG

I have my own findings why Lincs is the best place in the Uk, but I would imagine others would rubbish them outright?

Paul S

Posted
Quick plug - the 5 minute radar when zoomed to your postcode on days like this is a stunning resource :wallbash: . I have been watching the heaviest downpours moving to my SE and NW (the best views I have from upstairs windows) and directly overhead during the last 30 minutes. Heard one rumble of thunder just to the NW and with the lightning overlay I have been able to pinpoint where I was in relation to not only the lightning/thunder, but to the heaviest rain too!

Watch this area as it edges NNE through the afternoon (over the M4 towards the Midlands/Berkshire probably), it's developed quickly and could become very active IMO.

Ah thanks Andy :shok:

That answers my last question then.

I have just tried the postcode zoom feature, and it appears that those showers that seem directly over me,

when zoomed in are infact to my South and explains why nothing is happenng here just yet.

Posted
Well.. I'll jump off a doll's house!!!

Thunder!!!! :wallbash:

Hooorah, 1 Storm Shield down and 1 to go, well done Potty, leccie gone out today, no chance of powering up the shield :shok: :lol: I will be on Drizzle Watch this night in Essex :rofl:

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I couldn't agree more.

Even though the resolution is only 5km here its still a great resource. Having updates every 5 mins is amazing and it's usually just 10 minutes behind real time, sometimes as little as 8 mins.

I can't wait till the MetO get their new radar up in Durham then I should get 1km resolution :shok:

Posted

Great line of heavy showers heading right to the Pennines.. Could be a good evening.. Where's me waterproof??

post-1669-1181744814_thumb.png

Posted
Well.. I'll jump off a doll's house!!!

Thunder!!!! :wallbash:

:rofl:

Brilliant :shok:

It seems a lot more of an interesting day today than yesterday, as storms appear to be a lot wider spread.

Still waiting for my first rumble though :lol:

Posted
I can't wait till the MetO get their new radar up in Durham then I should get 1km resolution :shok:

Yep...and then you will be able to prove that you only really got 1 storm over your area, not 2.

:wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I can't wait till the MetO get their new radar up in Durham then I should get 1km resolution :wallbash:

When do the Meto get the radar up and running?.. Have they even erected it yet? I used to work on mast and towers often did work for the broadcasting companies but never erected a radar.

Posted
Hooorah, 1 Storm Shield down and 1 to go, well done Potty, leccie gone out today, no chance of powering up the shield :wallbash::rofl: I will be on Drizzle Watch this night in Essex :shok:

Paul S

And with style it has gone.. Pea hail, very heavy rain but no wind.. Just taken a few piccies.. Will put them up in a few mins..