Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms/Convective General Discussion ...

Posted
LOL, the BBC weather an hour ago said the SE would escape with a largely dry afternoon.

Now that (quite large) mass of rain looks headed for the area in question.

Faces egg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Skies darkening out to my west, looks rather stormy. Very humid here with a warm breeze. Some thundery development over the next few hours.

Mammatus

Posted

Have a developing cell just south of me in C London, seems to have initiated over the North Downs, Mammatus visible under the anvil.

Paul S

Posted
LOL, the BBC weather an hour ago said the SE would escape with a largely dry afternoon.

Now that (quite large) mass of rain looks headed for the area in question.

Yes they seem to be having difficulty with this week's forecast - it was supposed to have been raining for most of us here Wednesday evening onwards - we haven't had a drop

Now this mass seems to be heading for Southern England and more prolonged for the SE corner, although the heavier pulses (possible torrential thundery rain) look like they will stay in the Channel or flirt the extreme SE

Edited by MR CB

Posted
Go to the Meto Site and click on the Satelite Imagery, shows a Cumulus Field and 2 areas of enhanced TCU Which now have radar echoes, also have something brewing out to my North East now, about the same track as last nights storm, this is developing quite rapidly as well and would expect radar to pick this one up on the next update, the french stuff is starting to struggle now.

Paul S

1430 Update, this is looking like a nice cell, heading in the same direction as last nights storm, so North West Essex and Suffolk in the firing line

Paul S

Posted
1430 Update, this is looking like a nice cell, heading in the same direction as last nights storm, so North West Essex and Suffolk in the firing line

Paul S

Not you then.

:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Seen 3 flashes of lightning now, heard no thunder however.

Dunno if its just spordatic or a cell really.

Low cloud is making it hard to tell.

Kain

Posted
something more 'full-on' would be more appreciated! :lol:

Tamara

Now now Tamara no need to get 'kinky' with the weather.... :rofl: at least its not blooming April all over again! - a whole month of sunshine - how boring was that! :lol:

....the good news is that its not disapating like yesterday when we had that cap limit that killed it all off (Paul was right mentioning this I think)....just looks like a soggy rush hour home for peeps.....just started raining here!

Edited by MR CB

Posted
Not you then.

:rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol: PP - South East Essex gets naff all, last nights storm looked great on radar, not a drop, today not a convective cloud Near South East Essex, the place is Storm Doomed I tell You..................DOOMED!! Never ever move there if you like Storms!

Paul S :lol:

Posted
Question is will it survive the journey over the channel

No.. :lol:

Had some Thundery rain 10 minutes ago, Probably the back end of the cell that built over the North Downs you mentioned Paul.

Quiet now and overcast.

Posted

I can see that cell to my north, it's certainly built up quickly over the last hour!

I can also see alot of convection going on to my east over east sussex/kent border heading north east. Wouldn't be surprised if they turned thundery soon as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Seen 3 flashes of lightning now, heard no thunder however.

Dunno if its just spordatic or a cell really.

Low cloud is making it hard to tell.

Kain

Maybe a chance for me then as we are in a similar zone of likely convection.

Tomorrow looks good for those down south. I'll be chasing - just not sure of where to go yet. Gloucestershire/ Wiltshire/ Oxfordshire/Berkshire look to be a good bet at the moment. But i'll wait for tomorrows 06z before deciding.

Posted

Deeeep Boom of Thunder in Central London, came from way off to the North East of here.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Paul S

Deeeep Boom of Thunder in Central London, came from way off to the North East of here.

Paul S

Hi Paul, towering clouds to my southwest, there's something nasty developing heading this way. Is this my lucky week or what?! :lol:

Edited by Mammatus

Posted

Absolutely horrid here. Lots of rain. Miserable. What's Winchester done for all the storms to go round us!!

Posted

Is the shower off the south west of cornwall going to track north east or another direction,it appears to be moving north at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Im looking at the south side of the storm now, about 5-10 miles away, looks very menacing.

Might be wrong, but it does look like there's a well defined wall cloud developed. Shame I am at work and cant look at it much :'(

Something to look out for in London/Essex people!!! I want something to happen here though :'(

Posted

Meto SEVERE WEATHER

Warning issued for Suffolk, Essex, Cambs, an area of storms is exploding around the London area at present and moving North, Looks like an active cell to the South of..........................................SOUTHEND :lol: :rofl:

Paul S

Posted
Looking like it will be with you within the hour Gavin

Paul S

Something to keep an eye on Paul. Further development in areas in likely over the coming few hours. Here's some photos showing cloud developing over me.

Overhead

post-1600-1181830766_thumb.jpgpost-1600-1181830797_thumb.jpg

To my south west, very murky skies and some faint towers.

post-1600-1181830868_thumb.jpg

Mammatus

Posted
Absolutely horrid here. Lots of rain. Miserable. What's Winchester done for all the storms to go round us!!

Yes I know exactly how you feel :lol:

Posted

Have another BIG Cell developing over Central London at present, and music to everyones ears, the French MCS Is now moving more Northerly and even a bit North Westerly, so after the Torrrential Thunderstorms comes some more enjoyment.

Paul S