Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms/Convective General Discussion ...

Posted
Absolutely horrid here. Lots of rain. Miserable. What's Winchester done for all the storms to go round us!!

I don't think they have 'gone round' as it were, more like the clouds have developed more once well past our region(s). Tracking the radar for the afternoon shows the showers that were over the Wiltshire/Dorset/Hampshire area have intensified as they've headed slowly N/NE.

Those storms from the London area into the Midlands almost look like 1/3 of the spokes on a bicycle wheel :) .

Tomorrow could be similar IMO with roughly North of the M4 being where showers turn into storms. Hope I'm 30ish miles wrong though.

Posted

I meant in general Andy. We have been forcast stuff the past week or so. And each time its been you guys in thre western side or Brighton eastwards. Total sods law! But very irritating. Like someone else said it grows over you and then trots off to deliver the goods elsewhere!

Right now i'm half tempted to get a train into London for this MCS but wouldn't know what to do or where to go when I got there!!!

Posted
Rain (with huge cold drops) started and stopped within two minutes. The beginnings of mamma, too. Wife confirmed that whatever it is above the Medway towns, the clouds are all going in different directions differing in height. Mr Sherman - I suspect this cloud is heading your way. Time to leave work!!

The main system is heading this way, too. My camera is on charge. I am very excited.

Oh please God, dont say that, I have a client to see at 6pm in Central London!!! Looks like Leigh on Sea which is North East of Medway could be a photographers dream :)

Paul S

Posted
Oh please God, dont say that, I have a client to see at 6pm in Central London!!! Looks like Leigh on Sea which is North East of Medway could be a photographers dream :)

Paul S

Yup; I do think I will be in the west of the oncoming storm, but I expect to have some activity to point the lens at!

Posted

I hope i get something really big this summer to make up for missing all this action you lot are getting

Posted

Just heard from the other half in Strood, Medway. Bright pinky purple flickering lightning and loud rolling thunder with torrentially heavy rain.. Almost monsoon like he says. Has had water coming in through the back door. But weathers now cleared up.

Even had the fire service down his road and i can hear numerous emergancy vehicles travelling up the bypass that crosses over Three Crutches Lane.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Started to rain here, big drops but didn't last. Rapidly growing towers to my south and north turning to deep grey stratus filled murk southwards.

Oh please

Oh please.

Posted
I hope i get something really big this summer to make up for missing all this action you lot are getting

Fancy moving to France with me??? We can buy a Netweather Storm Chase mansion for the summer :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Man this sucks, I need to move down south.

Last few days we have had a chance of storms but nothing comes of it, It's getting pretty depressing now.

Its absolutly belting down here now, the gutters are overflowing!

Kain

Posted

Nearly 3" per hour Rainfall indicated in North West Essex short time ago, there is going to be some serious flooding from this cell, has not moved from 1530 - 1600

Paul S

Posted
Fancy moving to France with me??? We can buy a Netweather Storm Chase mansion for the summer :)

Get your coat,lets go

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
That storm is now growing to immense proportions. Wouldn't be suprised to learn of funnel activity coming out of it.

Mammatus - get out there and get that camera clicking :)

Just back online, all power went off and storm isn't that close yet. Some deep booms of thunder to my south, sounds like bombs going off! I want to go out in it but also let you guys know whats it like with pics. Im not what to do, I went chasing yesturday.

Mammatus

Posted

The other cells just NE of that awesome one Paul is observing are developing white cores too....also this MCS is stuck in the Channel and looks like it'll pass me by....again East Kent may get some torrential rain on the coast as it skims past - does seem to be moving N-NE....gloomy skies here with drizzle

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

I'm thinking about having a nervous breakdown and crying if anyone in my area wants to join me, sky is dark and cloudy here but all the thundery showers are sitting all the wayfrom the NW to the SE in a big arc. Absolutely nothing here :'(

Posted

Here in harold hill weve just had a storm of HERCULEAN proportions, seiriously, superlatives simply cannot describe what it was like.

Convection had been going for an hour or two when at about 2:45 the updrafts around just burst into the sky, you could see themmoving, absolutely rocketing!!

Then it turned grey overhead as an area of capped convection moved over giving us light rain, then behind it dark bases came into view with solid rainshafts, then as soon as it had all began absolutely torrential rain began with huge drops, this then cleared but within minutes, another dark base area appeared, torrential rain real really wound up, almost as insane as last may!

A really loud boom of thunder followed, followed a fem minutes later by an absolutely deafanning crack, i was siiting it out in my school office with my mates, and we thought it was a door slamming!!

Several distant rumbles followed, but the rain carried on gettingheavier and heavier, my grandad came to give me a lift hom from school and i got saoking west just stepping the few metres to the car!!! Words cannot describe it! as the back end of the storm appraocehd mental outflow winds began blasting from the NE, in the opposite direction to the wind before I The school carpark and feild were at least 1ft deep in water, and were half wayup a hill!! Grandad said the whole A127 was flooded, and soon we saw a fire engine haeding for the M25, so must be a ansty accident. Through hraold wood and Ardeleigh green Water was over 1ft deep in places and several cars are stuck, soon the rain cleared and were left with an overhanging updraft sheild, with some strong convection pushing up into the Rear, which stretches across the Eastern horrizon and is jet balck!!! sadly i have no camera battereis :) Canstill hear the odd distant boom.

Although lighting activity wasnt as severe or as frequent as last mays storm (when we had almost constant G-Cs and even heavier rain, this storm was pretty damn impressive!!

Joe :)

Edited by jshaw

Posted

just checking here in central london and no sign of any activity yet. Radar shows possible movement this direction though. Rush hour in London may be a very wet one

Posted
Wahay

Menage a Trois!!

Maybe I should learn French first ...

Paul is there a possibility of a French chase this year? I know it was discussed last year ...

The other cells just NE of that awesome one Paul is observing are developing white cores too....also this MCS is stuck in the Channel and looks like it'll pass me by....again East Kent may get some torrential rain on the coast as it skims past - does seem to be moving N-NE....gloomy skies here with drizzle

If I lived as close as you I would say bugga it and go! Not like this happens every day!!

If there was a group meeting up in London I would be seriously tempted right now

Posted
I'm thinking about having a nervous breakdown and crying if anyone in my area wants to join me, sky is dark and cloudy here but all the thundery showers are sitting all the wayfrom the NW to the SE in a big arc. Absolutely nothing here :'(

I started 2 hours and am in a similar situ as you *Hugs to all storm starved*