Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 13th, 14th and 15th June

delq

Posted

there is a line now of thunder storms in the midlands area

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/...test_radar.html

Thunderstorm in Shrewsbury at last, with lightning and heavy rain just starting.

just got the cams up looking very dark there :D

Posted

Scattered sharp showers have been moving over during the day. Current one now over head producing the odd crack of thunder and very heavy rain.

Time 16:20

S

Posted

just had a growing storm pass over me , with thunder and lightning sighted

SHU :D:D:D:D

PS now I have another cell moving N/E with lightning and heavy rain

Edited by south_holland_uk

Posted

Distant thunder heard at about 1455hrs today. Gradually moved closer until storm was overhead with several close strikes with immediate close "bang" thunder.Occasional rumbles since then and still going on!

Posted

massive storm just clearing nottingham centre

still pouring with rain but thunder and lightning have subsided

an exciting end to the working week!

Posted

Thunderstorm in progress since 16:30 with continuous moderate rain and intermitent lightning. We had a power cut for around 5 minutes at 17:25.

I understand there has been a rumour of a tornado report in Tipton - must watch the news shortly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Thunderstorm passed over Bristol with thunder and torrential rain butno hail or lightning. Lasted for about fifteen minutes and 7mm fell from it. Another dark showercloud approaching as I type.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Just had another Thunderstorm here lasting around an hour, bringing the total rain today so far to 31mm and it’s still raining, although the main storm has moved out of the area to the north.

Paul

Posted

1815 start of a weak storm. Moderate rain and light winds. 4 flashes of lightning with long, low rumbles of thunder.

Posted

Thundery heavy rain just abaiting a little now. Lasted around 2 hours with numerous close lightning flashes and long,loud rumbles of thunder. currently 53mm of rain today, 19mm in last 2 hours.

Massive problems in Sheffield this morning due to 105mm in just 2 days falling and running down the many hills surrounding the city. Many manhole covers off this morning, leaves and branches down and roads looking like rivers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Big Thunderstorm Here at 3:30pm Lasted roughly an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Rather weak thunderstorm here, first heard at 1620 and has been rumbling away until 1925. The rain was never really heavy and amounted to 11.4mm by 1800 g.m.t, perhaps another 1mm or so since then.

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Thundery heavy rain just abaiting a little now. Lasted around 2 hours with numerous close lightning flashes and long,loud rumbles of thunder. currently 53mm of rain today, 19mm in last 2 hours.

Massive problems in Sheffield this morning due to 105mm in just 2 days falling and running down the many hills surrounding the city. Many manhole covers off this morning, leaves and branches down and roads looking like rivers.

The weather has been the same in Dronfield and the storm drain at bowshaw is like a resevoir now and is in danger of overflowing if this rain keeps up i have been and had a look this evening and if we see anymore big storms Dronfield bottom could be in danger of flooding.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Like TM said weak storm although the rain here was a bit heavier just missing out on an inch according to the davis.

So in two days we've had four inches of rain give and take a bit. Off flood shooting tomorrow.

Posted

had thunderstorm around 4pmish lasted around an hour or so was pretty cool B)

Guest Nimbus20

From about 18:10 to 18:45 a relatively short but sharp storm with loud thunder claps and forked lightning occured plus moderately heavy rainfall but with large drops. Cloud mass could still be seen in the northern skies 2 hours later.

Mention must also be made of the very heavy rainfall during the early hours which caused alot of problems for road traffic, and also flooding in homes.

Edited by Nimbus20

Posted

Although it dry now. We have had a eventful 24 hours(ish) around here in Chesterfield

Horns Bridge (A617) was flooded AND CLOSED (it still might be after his evenings deluge) at the main roundabout (which the roadworks are trying their best to mess up).

To those who do not know where Horns Bridge is, it is the end of the bypass into chesterfield from the M1 motorway on the A617.

All roads were gridlocked going into Chesterfield whichever way you tried to get in. It took us 1 hour 10 ish to go the 2 mile into town. This became a 8 mile diversion in the end to drop our Gert off at work.

Also. I'd love to see a picture, but apparently there were submerged cars BUT A ROBIN RELIANT BOBBING UP AND DOWN IN THE FLOOD WATER. And from the reports i hear it is true B) :lol:

Then there was the bit of a lull this afternoon.

To cap off. I walked to the pub with a brolly just as the storm more or less passed through us after tea time today. All i got from our lass was "Don't lose that brolly because it's works". Not bothered about me getting struck just in case a lingering cloud spark got me B)

As a landscaper. I now need some dry weather over the weekend (sunday with the looks of it) to dry the ground out for turfing on Tuesday. Nothing worse than laying grass in the rain and mud

Posted

First major storms of the year today and Monday - just a few rumbles of thunder on Monday, but tonight's, between 5 and 7pm were much closer, louder thunder and a lot of lightning, though nothing much more dramatic than murky skies and the odd flash - guess we were in the wrong place, despite storms COVERING the Midlands on the radar map this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Like TM said weak storm although the rain here was a bit heavier just missing out on an inch according to the davis.

So in two days we've had four inches of rain give and take a bit. Off flood shooting tomorrow.

Take a look at the Storm drain at Bowshaw i went and had a look today it's getting close to overflowing if we get anymore serious amounts of rainfall Dronfield bottom could be in a spot of bother.