Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 19th & 20th June

swebby

Posted

UPDATE

ok storm has now passed i think thats our lot for tonight looking at the latest Radar, we still have light rain and its quite chilly now with a light cool breeze.

LO

Posted

looking at the radar now kent should look out , there a lagre area of white coming, so kent could easily be geting problems very soon

look at this alert

http://www.torro.org.uk/torro/forecast/index.php

Edited by tinybill

Posted

storm just passed over MK, still some fantastic purple streaks of lightning off to the north!! will hopefully be able to upload some photos. I still have a headache so i don't think it is over yet!

Posted
looking at the radar now kent should look out , there a lagre area of white coming, so kent could easily be geting problems very soon

look at this alert

http://www.torro.org.uk/torro/forecast/index.php

im on east kent coast, its non stop rain and lightening, never seen it this bad before

Posted

storm starting in leicester. Heavy rain drops and distant thunder. there is talk on some websites of the ppn swinging back west later as it becomes entangled in the low to our wests circulation. intresting night for the east midlands.

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Hi all

Was on the phone to my Dad who is in Canterbury in Kent about half hour ago and we were having simultaneous lightning. Sometimes we would get the following thunder in Essex and sometimes him. It was actually getting quite freaky.

Sounds like another lot heading our way. The last was about 10 minutes ago and ended with a huge crash followed by what sounded like 3 or 4 explosions. Never heard anything like it. The wind is really gusting here now too.

Posted

Hi everyone,

My first attempt at posting pics so hope this works, I was near Failand this afternoon just south west of Bristol when this storm rolled by, frequent lightning and definite rotation in the lowered base (I've tried to upoad an animated gif of the storm to demonstrate this)

comments welcome

Regards

Dave

post-4650-1182283854_thumb.png

post-4650-1182283898_thumb.jpg

post-4650-1182283919_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy
Hi everyone,

My first attempt at posting pics so hope this works, I was near Failand this afternoon just south west of Bristol when this storm rolled by, frequent lightning and definite rotation in the lowered base (I've tried to upoad an animated gif of the storm to demonstrate this)

comments welcome

Regards

Dave

Definatly looks like somethings was brewing there, i can see the roation in the picture

Edited by Ashley Nelis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

A smallish storm here in sheffield about 20 mins ago produced quite a few bolts of forked ligtning and loud rumbles of thunder.

Another storm just kicking off with thunder and lightning.

typical lasts all off two seconds here and its bone dry yet over towards north sheffield its pitch black with forked lightning everywhere.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted

Multi-cell storms around here now, with lightning coming from the southeast, the south and the northwest. Heavy rain now too.

Posted

Hi,

Nothing much round here at the moment, had moderate rain and been breezy with 2 lightning and thunder (about 45 mins apart).

Thought we was sposed to get something good round here... LOL

Posted
Hi,

Nothing much round here at the moment, had moderate rain and been breezy with 2 lightning and thunder (about 45 mins apart).

It's passing to the East of Norwich.

Ian

Posted

Big storm approaching right now.

Heavy rain has just started, multiple lightning strikes.

It seems to be all around us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!
It's passing to the East of Norwich.

Ian

and its a good one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Hi,

There are a few holes in between these storms, I got zilch earlier from the main band that hit 90 % of Kent, but just now it went crazy, the Brighton cell just came through and it chucked down for about 10 minutes, now just steady rain...no thunder or lightning though, just a very heavy downpour.

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

Had some heavy rain and few flashes of lightning in dartford around 9pm, but it looks like iam missing the main action by a couple of miles GRRRRRRRRRRRR -_-