Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible 30c

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Current projections suggest any European heat being diverted well away from the UK due to the models suggesting a reluctance for the jet to develop a more amplified meridional pattern with a trough to the West and ridge to the East. Current projections are for the jet to remain flat and zonal over of near the UK, the Azores high may well ridge across Sern UK as the jet drifts further North, but this wouldn't bring a heatwave and temps to 30C+. IMO late July at the earliest for 30C.

Posted

"The greatest thing about the British weather is it's unpredictable."

True. The netweatherforecast is that it is supposed to be raining at this moment in Croydon. In fact except that for some early morning rain, there hasn't been any rain today, it isn't even been overcast, quite a bit of sunshine and blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

30.0C. You should be so lucky. I haven't hit 20.0C this year. 19.8 on the 15th April being my warmest temperature recorded in 2007. I am certain that this is the first time since I began weather watching that I have reached July without a 70F. :)

July has not started any better with rain AM turning to heavy showers in the afternoon.

Posted

I think we'll get 30C sometime during the second half of July, although not much above.

:)

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
The Indian summer in September isn't certain either, it never is....

I think it is very likely that September 2007 will be warm. A relentless trend for above average Septembers kicked in 1997 and was only temporarily bucked in 2001 with the unexceptionally cool September 2001. Whilst Septembers 1995 and 1996 were average we haven't had a significantly cool September since 1994 and a very cold one since 1986. September 2006 well... that was just out of this world...

30C will definitely be reached (and breached) numerous times in July, August and September this year. The UK warming just keeps breaking through the ceiling...

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Here at home we reached 27 c on the 9th of June. Im sure sooner or later we will see a 30c here and there...but with the current synoptics there is not a single chance! It might well be that this year will take us by surprise there is got to be a big change in our current pattern for this to happen ie..as noted the ground is saturated and much more energy is needed to raise the temps. Quite frankly i would not be surprised if some where gets some high temps but i wont be surprised if we dont get high temps this year :wallbash: watch this space :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ive recorded around 28c this year.

When i found out how April was so dry i thought this summer was going to be great but so far its pants!

Posted

Makes a change to last year though. I got fed up of the endless heat. I don't think we will reach 30c untill the very end of july or August now

Posted
No same here because our max temp so far is 23C!.

Just shows what a poor month it has been because last year during the very warm spell in May we hit 27C!.

There isn't any sign of temps +25C in the near future and I find it staggering that we may have to wait until mid July to see such temps. I accept that living in this country we cannot expect such temps all the time but it is unusual for Peterborough not to have seen such temps already.

Been crap here as well, and I'm very much enjoying it. It's a pleasure to have not sweated going about daily life, except when playing sport. I don't care what happens now, summer is going to be half way through before anything remotely hot occurs, and the days are rapidly getting shorter.

I think the 'majority' have had a crap month, of course there are regional variations, but lets get real shall we. 15c at night, does not a wonderful month make it. Perhaps taking rainfall totals, and total hours sunshine might give a more accurate reflection....

Edited by ribster

Posted
I think it is very likely that September 2007 will be warm. A relentless trend for above average Septembers kicked in 1997 and was only temporarily bucked in 2001 with the unexceptionally cool September 2001. Whilst Septembers 1995 and 1996 were average we haven't had a significantly cool September since 1994 and a very cold one since 1986. September 2006 well... that was just out of this world...

30C will definitely be reached (and breached) numerous times in July, August and September this year. The UK warming just keeps breaking through the ceiling...

LOL, you want a wager on that? July, maybe a few, August rarely and September probably none.

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
LOL, you want a wager on that? July, maybe a few, August rarely and September probably none.

You think we'll hit 30C at any time in July? I don't see it ... I'm in London, where you tend to get the hottest temperatures, and we've very very rarely seen 25C or 26C this year, let alone anything higher, with none in sight for the foreseeable either.

Conspicuous lack of confidence round these forums for August as well ...

If someone can offer me any chance at all of predominantly warm (OK, not 30C!!) and drier and sunnier weather between 25th July and 25th August, at least in the South, I'd be delighted, but the few people daring to venture any long term predictions are being considerably more pessimistic.

Seems like wall to wall crap weather (with the minor and temporary exception of this weekend in the South) as far as the eye can predict.

Edited by William of Walworth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

I dont see 30c this side of July 20th...

Here in Bournemouth we are yet to exceed 24c, and that was last reached in April...

Posted
You think we'll hit 30C at any time in July? I don't see it ... I'm in London, where you tend to get the hottest temperatures, and we've very very rarely seen 25C or 26C this year, let alone anything higher, with none in sight for the foreseeable either.

Conspicuous lack of confidence round these forums for August as well ...

If someone can offer me any chance at all of predominantly warm (OK, not 30C!!) and drier and sunnier weather between 25th July and 25th August, at least in the South, I'd be delighted, but the few people daring to venture any long term predictions are being considerably more pessimistic.

Seems like wall to wall crap weather (with the minor and temporary exception of this weekend in the South) as far as the eye can predict.

Well no, not really, was just hedging my bets - nor do I think August will, every day that ticks by, the odds against are increasing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

still no sign of a 25c+ let alone a 30c! this must rate as a very unusual year.

Posted

:blink: if that is right im off to the bookies first thing!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Posted

The average summer maxima (1900-2005 normal) is 32.2c. Most common during the latter part of July.

Posted
The average summer maxima (1900-2005 normal) is 32.2c. Most common during the latter part of July.

Not THIS July!!! :)

Posted

Yes indeed normally we expect to see the highest recorded maximum for the year sometime from mid-late July i.e. from about the 18th through to early-mid August i.e. about the 13th.

The 18th July-13th August is high summer for me, if we are not to record 30 degrees during this period it would be quite unusual indeed.

Posted

Are we talking about the UK, southern England or Greece? The average southern English maxima is no where near that - I would hazard a guess around 22ºC - 24ºC for July.

EDIT:

Found the map:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/ave...2000/tmax/7.gif

Posted
Are we talking about the UK, southern England or Greece? The average southern English maxima is no where near that - I would hazard a guess around 22ºC - 24ºC for July.

EDIT:

Found the map:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/ave...2000/tmax/7.gif

I took it to mean the absolute maximum i.e. the highest temperature for the whole summer?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Ensembles suggest no chance until at least the 25th, i am happy with my August punt.

Posted
I took it to mean the absolute maximum i.e. the highest temperature for the whole summer?

Ahhh - get you. He means the average maximum recorded temperature of the season - not the average maxima :unknw:

I thought I was seeing double for a bit there :)

Posted

On a purely selfish point of view, I would love a summer when 30c+ isnt reached. Its an awful heat - particulary when having to travel to and from work. If I want that heat, I will book a holiday in the med, with an air conditioned apartment and a swimming pool I can casually jump into. Not an office when the temperature is never below 95f and a train carriage (and half the time home/bedroom) rarely reaches below that.

Bah humbug.

Posted
On a purely selfish point of view, I would love a summer when 30c+ isnt reached. Its an awful heat - particulary when having to travel to and from work. If I want that heat, I will book a holiday in the med, with an air conditioned apartment and a swimming pool I can casually jump into. Not an office when the temperature is never below 95f and a train carriage (and half the time home/bedroom) rarely reaches below that.

Bah humbug.

Careful, talk like that on forums like these and you get called a madman :unknw: