Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports: 21st & 22nd June 07

Posted

Couple of rumbles here from a storm thats developed just to the south of here in the past 20 minutes or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

had a rumble around 4:35pm here in Swansea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Flagpole's repeated storms don't surprise me too much- Waddington (Lincs) is regularly the thunderiest of the 21 locations in Weather Log, indicating that Lincoln must be something of a thunder hotspot.

Rather surprisingly there was a brief storm up here- I saw one cloud-to-cloud lightning strike and there were three rumbles of thunder. The electrical activity then died away but there was torrential rain.

Posted

What looked like a really bad thunderstorm approaching from the East turned into a damp squib when it hit Irvine...It mostly skirted around and then seemed to split into two. Although Prestwick, 11 miles south east of me has reported a thunderstorm tonight. Thunder lasted, mostly on approach, from 6.45-8.15pm approx. and then died.

Edited by Trancemaster1966

Posted

Not too bad a day storm wise, saw a couple of flashes of lightning

and heard about 10 rumbles of thunder one which was really loud.

Some fairly heavy showers for a while too.

Started around 5.30 and lasted maybe an hour

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted
Flagpole's repeated storms don't surprise me too much- Waddington (Lincs) is regularly the thunderiest of the 21 locations in Weather Log, indicating that Lincoln must be something of a thunder hotspot.

Rather surprisingly there was a brief storm up here- I saw one cloud-to-cloud lightning strike and there were three rumbles of thunder. The electrical activity then died away but there was torrential rain.

the Lincolnshire Wolds no less, a good trigger to anything, thunder, snow, low cloud.

Posted

Hi TWS an JH. I am pretty lucky here with storms. The Wolds do play a great part in the weather. Also we have a river nearby that the storms seem to follow. I can also see the planes at Waddington from where I live so the weather there is pretty indicative of what I have :D

Didn't get any more storms after the last report which was fortunate as my internet died. (Storm related?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Thundery showers in the vacinity all morning, torrential rain and thunder earlier.

Posted

Towers have been going up here since early morning but fairly quiet considering. A large shower moved in from the east off the moors in the past 30 min, patches of heavy rain with some thunder (first of the day) but little in the way of light shows so presumably CC.

Cheers

S

Posted

Thunder rumbling away around here since about midday. Nothing directly overhead yet but torrential showers. Peter Gabriel and Crowded House are plying in the open across the road from me this evening - good luck - mud bath I'd say :D

Edited by Doc

Posted

people in the area of

Bracknell Forest

Buckinghamshire

Gtr London

Hampshire

Milton Keynes

Oxfordshire

Portsmouth

Reading

Slough

Southampton

Surrey

W Berkshire

W Sussex

Windsor + Maidenhead

Wokingham

there are some large thunder storms in that area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

As a resident of the Lincolnshire Wolds, we do extremely well for storms - cant remember the last summer where we didn't score at least several thundery days/nights.

Here in Grantham, rain has become heavy again after a period of lighter stuff, very large amounts of surface spray. As I've said in another thread, colleagues from a local drainage board are very concerned as they had run out of water storage capacity before today's downpours. Now it looks like this could go on for a few hours yet, then they could be in trouble.