Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Woodpeckers

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Three years ago, a regular visitor to our bird tables, a Greater Spotted Woodpecker came along with one of her young. A year later she did exactly the same thing.

And sure enough, almost to the day, she brings along one of this years’ youngsters to show them the ropes, and on this picture, how to eat horizontally!

Taken today. (22 June 2007)

gallery_1596_39_16644.jpg

Last year. (19 June 2006)

gallery_1596_39_6150.jpg

And finally the year before. (25 June 2005)

gallery_1596_39_785.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Lucky you!!

Posted

Awww thats nice to see, I had one in my garden last year, came every day for a month, havent seen it this year as of yet.

There is also a woodpecker on the route I take Oz for a walk, I have yet to get a decent picture of it grrrrrr. I think I am going to have to sit over there in the copse waiting for it!

Posted
Awww thats nice to see, I had one in my garden last year, came every day for a month, havent seen it this year as of yet.

There is also a woodpecker on the route I take Oz for a walk, I have yet to get a decent picture of it grrrrrr. I think I am going to have to sit over there in the copse waiting for it!

dont forget a flask and soft cushion then Lou

Nice pics Kar, wish we had a variety of nature other then foxes and pigeons here in London

Posted

I remember you posting a pic of it last year. :D

They are a bit camera shy but fortunately those pictures were taken through the kitchen window.