IGNORED

Storm reports 23rd & 24th June 2007

Stuart

Posted

In the middle of a little storm!

Lightning every few minutes and torrential rain for the last 15-20mins

Seems to be easing off a little now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Thunderstorms developing around Tyne & Wear/Durham at the moment.

Posted

Hi everyone nikki here, Brians daughter, just thought i should post that we have THUNDER yay and theres alot of rain too woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!! :D

Shame my dad is out though, so he has still managed to miss it <_< !!

Oh well i can see more thundery looking clouds on the way so hopfully he will get back in time to catch a bit of the action!! Hehe!!

Happy storming!!

Nikki

Posted

Have just returned drenched from the golf course,torrential rain around 1 pm with distant thunder to the South West,no lightening observed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Thunder rumbling around for the last hour on and off, not that much rain at the moment though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Had a huge crash of thunder which introduced a very heavy shower which is now clearing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Three huge storms in a row between 1 and 3pm here - reduced traffic to 20mph on the A16.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had two thunder storms today. One at 12:15pm and other at 3:30pm. Lots of thunder and lighting and lots of rain.My mate in Darlington county durham said they was floods in town center up to 2 feet of water.

Posted
Had two thunder storms today. One at 12:15pm and other at 3:30pm. Lots of thunder and lighting and lots of rain.My mate in Darlington county durham said they was floods in town center up to 2 feet of water.

Where abouts in Durham are you?

I am in Lake District now, but I left Durham City at around 12.30pm and I witnessed about 3 flashes of overhead lightning and several loud cracks of thunder, moderate to heavy rain. On the drive out of the city and on the way through Neville's Cross the downpour got heavier and there was hail too and some of the roads were partially awash with water. Shame that I didn't stay around today, because I would've got the chance to see the afternoon thunderstorm over Durham. Bloody typical...the day that I go on holiday...my area gets a storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I thought there was a chance of the odd isolated thunderstorm today; in the event I had storms rumbling on and off between 12 and 3:30pm. The intensity wasn't amazing but the duration was notable- overall the best storms I've seen since I was down in Leeds last year.

I see Button Up got storms on his birthday!

Posted

1 flash of lightening in the London Bridge area (8 pm) before it tipped down... my life is soooo full of excitement.

Edited by snow raven

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Had a storm with a few rumbles around noon not overhead but passing East just to the South, then between 2pm and 4pm there were three successive cells moving East overhead which gave heavy downpours with moderate thunder and lightning with several cgs noted in a distinct updraft area, last storm with some interesting motions of the low scud of the squall line.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Lots of fantastic cloud formation today and with all the storms going out over the north sea i decided to go down to the coastline feeling it was safe to venture down (radar showed no more activity) as not to get soaked.. what happened next was unbelievable a storm developed in front of my eyes, within 15 minutes this was depositing a huge amount of rain/hail i saw 6 lightning bolts and several in cloud lightning. Heres a few shots of the storm.

This was the scene when i first got to the coastline

This is the developing storm to full on..

Lightning was to infrequent to capture on film...

Posted

Bit late this report but busy last night.

T-storm between 3-4PM in Canterbury yesterday with some beautiful lightning and rumbles of thunder. Shame it occured whilest we we're at the cricket!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

2 Flashes of Lightning and 2 Loud Rumbles of Thunder here 10 minutes ago. Pink Lightning too.

Torrential Rain at the Moment too.

Edited by Blizzards