Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rain Totals 2007

Posted

Rainfall up to today (12th September) stands at only 0.2mm, which is still more than parts of Southern England who have not recorded anything since about 21st August. Similarities with April in sight for this month, our grass has now turned Yellow :o

367mm still for the year, which looks like being in the VERY BELOW Category.

Paul S

Posted

620.8mm for the year

0.2mm for September so far.

If we get no more rain this month, then the yearly total so far will be pretty much average.

Edited by Lightning Hunter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

5.7 mm so far this month and 901.1 mm so far this year.

T.M

Posted

Update on rainfall for Colchester

Local station is reporting to date 476mm for the year to date.

After the above normal months of May, June and July, it tailed off in August with 32mm (Aug norm is 50mm) and so far for dry September we have a grand total of 2.4mm (September norm is 53mm)

Yearly norm is 602mm, with the rest of September and Oct/Nov/Dec to go I dare say we wont be far off that.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well rainfall totals can be seen in my signature, up to 35.5mm for September thanks to last night and today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

564mm for the year up to now and September is 20.2mm. I reckon by Christmas we will just reach 800mm :)

Posted

With the last day of September not looking like it will add any to my total, I have finished the month on 24.9mm which is just shy of 1 Inch or 46% of average.

So my yearly total has finally pushed over the 400mm mark with 402mm or just over 16" for the year.

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Evening everyone

33.6mm of rain this month here in the North East.Majority of this rain fell between the 15th and the 29th of this month when the moon was changing between the New moon {apogee] and the full moon {perigee} however during this period the heaviest of the rain fell just after the first quarter took shape {first quarter on the 19th , we saw 8.3 mm rain fall 48 hours after} and also 8.3mm rain fell when the first quarter was changing to the Full moon on the 24th

Yes im making loads of notes about weather conditions and the Phases of the Moon and ive done alot of research {and my own notes regarding this }

This year has similarities to that of 1999- same moon phases, weather patterns etc and im goign to continue doing this for quite some time

nigel

Posted

A bit more light rain over the last few days has resulted in a September total of 18.8mm. This is just below 27% of average.

The total for 2007 so far is now 639.4mm, around average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

89mm for this month and a total 749.8 for the year.

Posted

Jan = 109.5mm

Feb = 121.5mm

Mar = 63mm

Apr = 10.5mm

May = 159mm

June = 114mm

July = 131mm

Aug = 62mm

Sep = 35.5mm

Total = 805.5mm

Oct = 29mm so far :D

Posted
29mm Andy? Is your raingauge OK, because we seem to have caught a lot of the rain, and recieved just 8.9mm since midnight.

See the post I made in the ongoing Autumn Discussion thread where I posted the radar accumulation. It really pelted down for several hours this morning!

My gauge has always been good in relation to locally, highlighted by today's local BBC forecast which showed variations across this region for September between 20mm-48mm, those closest to me having 30mm-37mm which is where my total falls :D .

Posted
See the post I made in the ongoing Autumn Discussion thread where I posted the radar accumulation. It really pelted down for several hours this morning!

My gauge has always been good in relation to locally, highlighted by today's local BBC forecast which showed variations across this region for September between 20mm-48mm, those closest to me having 30mm-37mm which is where my total falls :wacko: .

Hi Andy, yes, sorry, I haven't had a chance to check the other threads today, been very busy starting uni! :huh:

Looking into it, some places did indeed record in excess of an inch in your vicinity, plus the radar accumulations. Certainly a wet start to October, statistically, in the last 12 yrs of record for here, the average rainfall doubles from 54mm in September to 111mm in October! That's the warm Channel waters for you!

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Yearly Total now standing at 427mm With exactly 25mm (1 inch) up to October 17th 2007

Jan # 67.8

Feb # 64.6

Mar # 30.2

Apr # 0.8

May # 60.2

Jun # 58.8

Jul # 66.2

Aug # 27.2

Sep # 26.2

Oct # 25.0

So Still Jan as the Wettest and April the driest!

Sunniest Month for the year is also April with 272.59 hours for the month, not often a Summer Month does not win this!!

Paul Sherman