Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Funnel over Spalding 25/06/07 3.30pm

Posted

Saw 2 today both in the same place but an hour apart, that's 3 in 4 days.

only had the phone again, tomorrow I'm taking the camera.

The pics below was the best one and the funnel came and went for about twenty minutes, and traveled about 4/5 miles.

post-2947-1182794657_thumb.jpg

post-2947-1182794673_thumb.jpg

post-2947-1182794746_thumb.jpg

Posted

wow, great shots, certainly a day for records of one sort or another.

Posted

Really good photos there , looks pretty powerful - perhaps you should post some of them in the storm / extreme weather area as that where most people look for this kind of thing.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Anyone else here think the weather / climate has gone completely ga ga recently. What with all the flooding and all the tornadoes / funnel clouds. I cannot remember so many being reported in a short space of time :rofl:

Posted

I never even knew about these tornados!.

That now makes it 6 tornados within a 20miles radius of Peterborough in the past 2yrs!. I bet some locations even in tornado alley couldn't beat this record.

Now the question is why?

I know that Peterborough lies in a favourable location for thunderstorms but is there something else causing these tornados/funnel clouds?. I must admit to finding this not only exciting but also alarming because could a more destructive tornado hit my region. The tornado of 2yrs ago caused alot of damage with +100mph winds but is it only a matter of time before winds of +150mph hit either here or somewhere in the UK?.

Posted

I saw that same funnel when I was on the bus to spalding.It was the first one I have ever seen up close and I have to say that it was breath :lol: :D -taking!!!!!!

TEITS: I have been wondering the same thing recently because i dont think there is anywhere on earth that could beat that number of t'nados per 20 square miles.

Mabey we are just sat on a regular convergence(sp) zone!?how or why would have to be left up to the pro's

peace SHU

Edited by south_holland_uk

Posted

out in the fens here i have seen as many if not more than you guys in the past two years, so now regularly keep an eye out and take a drive out into the fields with very much success. the only explanation i have is the moisture from the fens?

edit: the storms mentioned in my signature are the tornados, funnels etc i have seen around bourne, and do not include peterboroughs or spaldings...just within the ten miles of the bourne area.

Edited by dapick2002