Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Day-by-day historic data?

Helioholic

I posted this on the summer discussion, but see it's more relevant here. Sorry for duplication, but no takers there. I'm hoping someone can advise me. Is it possible to access day-by-day records for the summer months of 2001, 04, 05 for the London area or nearabouts? My recollection is that 01 was a good summer, but both 04 and 05 were poor (although not as bad as this current mockery of a summer). I'd very much like to test my memory against the facts, but the Met Office data is not precise enough. Max temp, sunshine and rainfall would be really useful, but I need to check day by day. Please advise if you can.

Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The closest matches I can find are the Met Office website, and also the following site which has data for many stations:

http://www.tutiempo.net/en/Climate/United_Kingdom/GB.html

The closest matches I can find are the Met Office website, and also the following site which has data for many stations:

http://www.tutiempo.net/en/Climate/United_Kingdom/GB.html

That's great. thanks so much. the only problem is, no sunshine hours, which was what i was principally looking for. It appears to be a Spanish site, so maybe they take such things for granted. sigh.

thanks for pointing me to this site. very useful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It might be worth looking at the C.O.L web site and contacting Roger Brugge, the editor. There are a number of reporting stations from the London area and he may be able to put you in touch with some of them.

Most amateur observers are more than happy to supply data.

Good luck

T.M