Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Funnel clouds reported over isle of wight

Posted

Reports are coming in of 3 different flunnel Clouds Over the isle of wight in the past hour.

Eye wittness have Reports these in Sandown, Wooton and West wight.

I am trying to ge some more information and will post it as soon as i have recieved it.

Posted
Reports are coming in of 3 different flunnel Clouds Over the isle of wight in the past hour.

I am trying to ge some more information and will post it as soon as i have recieved it.

Wow Kel, lets hope there are some good pics taken. bet you are well excited :D:)

Posted

Another report from near the Lee-On-Solent of a Funnel cloud near to Cosham (Hants) and also a possible Tornado/Funnel Cloud near to Hull.

Paul S

Posted

Nice one Kelly :D

Will look forward to that. Like Mick says I hope someome has managed to get some decent footage.

Brian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Another report from near the Lee-On-Solent of a Funnel cloud near to Cosham (Hants) and also a possible Tornado/Funnel Cloud near to Hull.

Paul S

I have a picture of the Solent one but its not as good as the central IoW one I put on the convective thread :D

I'll post em all tonight. Off out for another look soon :)

Russ.

Posted

Well try and get some more pic.. sod laws no car today and have to pick the kids up from school.. no out driving for me today to get any pics...

Posted

Kelly,

You should have been up early like this poster over on TWO Forum, some incredible Photo's from the past 6 or 7 hours on the Isle Of Wight

http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/...ead/280427.aspx

Paul Sherman

Posted

Just got this piccy of the Cb coming in from the West over Mid-Sussex (taken on a Nokia phone through the window!!) and now I've put the office on funnel alert!

Posted

As promised here are some more of the Sandown funnel cloud. Actually I also seen a funnel over Portsmouth earlier but the picture I have only shows a slight finger of cloud as it had dissipated before I could get a picture.

This Sandown funnel was a tornado but I missed that as I was driving. As I stopped and got the camera out, it totally vanished :) I waited with camera in hand for a couple of minutes and there appeared a finger of cloud, I'll let the pictures do the talking from here.

post-4726-1184006412_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006419_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006426_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006436_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006443_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006453_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006466_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006477_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006488_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006508_thumb.jpgpost-4726-1184006526_thumb.jpg

post-4726-1184006499_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

Great Pics Russ, Nice Rope out Stage as well. Have seen this same FC/Tornado from 3 different view points on different forums now, one from the other side of IOW That you were on and one from the Hampshire coast as well. This did actually tornado ripping across some fields at one point.

Paul S

Posted
This did actually tornado ripping across some fields at one point.

Paul S

Thank you Paul.

The tornado actually touched the ground about 2 minutes before my funnel cloud formed.

it was slightly further SE and more direct in its approach to the ground.

The first funnel I saw was from Seaview looking toward Portsmouth Half an hour or so earlier.

I only managed to catch the tail end of this though as it dissipated to a mere finger as my finger approached the button on my camera :)post-4726-1184010565_thumb.jpg About 20 seconds before it was 10 times better with a bit of a roped out bit trailing off West(the picture is looking NW from Seaview IoW.

Russ

Posted

Thank you everybody.

Isle_of_Wight_09_07_2007_1310_20hrs.wmv

I hope this pieced together video works :unknw:

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

Cheers Ric. My biggest problem was rain, it was in-between me and the funnel, so it took out a lot of the clarity in my shot. Lucky for you by the looks of it you didn't have the same problem.

Regards,

Russ.

Posted
;) Awesome pics guys, Jamies pics took my breathe away and i just had to save them to file! What an amazing picture on the wall they would make. :o Edited by *AL*

Posted

Paul thanks for the link some very nice pics on that forum.....

The first one (not sure about the others) has had the red and blue hues/sats turned right up in Photoshop to make the picture way more red (7 Blue) than it should be,

Im a graphic designer working with Photoshop and a few other packages for design....there are so tell tale signs in that pic if you know what you’re looking for ;)

Still a stunning pic to start with though, wish people wouldnt "tweak" umm so though

:o

You should have been up early like this poster over on TWO Forum, some incredible Photo's from the past 6 or 7 hours on the Isle Of Wight

http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/...ead/280427.aspx

Paul Sherman