Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Joe B at accuweather

cj114

Posted

Our friend Joe B, over at accuweather, has written a very interesting article this week. Although I would have been grateful, if things had been written in more laymans terms! i.e idiots like me.

I espcially liked his inference that, we are just leasing the earth to live on, and to think that we are arrogant enough to take control of it, is rather to my way of thinking too.

A very good read.

CJ

Posted
Our friend Joe B, over at accuweather, has written a very interesting article this week. Although I would have been grateful, if things had been written in more laymans terms! i.e idiots like me.

I espcially liked his inference that, we are just leasing the earth to live on, and to think that we are arrogant enough to take control of it, is rather to my way of thinking too.

A very good read.

CJ

Chief Seattle (of whom the city is named after) leader of the Native American Suquamish tribe, said some 150 years ago:

"Teach your children what we have taught ours, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. Man did not weave the web of life; he is merely a strand in it. We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children."

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

any hyperlinks pls?

Always interested on views regarding mankinds lack of intelligence through its ignorance and greed,

suppose its why im fixated whenever our host gives us a kick up the backside to let us know that we are a mere primitive disease occupying the surface of a single living organism we call Earth.

(Prior to the tirade of sceptism i foresee can i point out that why are their 6.5 billion of us when we have rendered endless species extinct? The Tiger will be the last straw for me if it ceases to exist in the wild and i will have no option but to take an extremist view on matters by considering ALF's interests? :lol: )