Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

nature dont lie

Posted

im not sure how records are kept as regards model runs or yearly averages.what i can say as a sheep shearer of 30 years though.

is that this year has been a total loss regards fodder and hay making up here.the grass is now past its best and lying flat on the ground.crops will yield heavy but have little nutritional values so i expect huge price rises come autumn.

i also grow giant pumpkins,and have never seen the plants so sick looking compared to this year.

ROLL ON CARBON FOOTPRINTS AND GLOBAL WARMING I SAY.THE ICE AGE HAS RETURNED TO CO DURHAM :(

Posted

Sorry to hear that mate. Is there no help in these sorts of situations any more?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

as someone who earns his living cutting grass (for over 30 years) im surprised that many lawns are looking rather sick. after all the rain and considering the time of year i expected large amounts of grass... this isnt the case.

Guest Viking141

I can only go on what I see in my own garden but I can categorically say the grass isnt growing anywhere near as fast this years as it has done in the past few years. Since March I have only had to cut my grass 5 times!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just noticed this topic having come in after discussing the rate of graas growth with a neighbour. Usually we are quite late in starting growth but from late April through to mid June the grass grows quickly. This year perhaps because of the dry April it has been slow all through Spring and early Summer. However the last couple of weeks have had growth such as I would normally expect in May with my back lawn needing cut more than once a week. The problem now is getting a dry day to do it. :nonono:

Posted
im not sure how records are kept as regards model runs or yearly averages.what i can say as a sheep shearer of 30 years though.

is that this year has been a total loss regards fodder and hay making up here.the grass is now past its best and lying flat on the ground.crops will yield heavy but have little nutritional values so i expect huge price rises come autumn.

i also grow giant pumpkins,and have never seen the plants so sick looking compared to this year.

ROLL ON CARBON FOOTPRINTS AND GLOBAL WARMING I SAY.THE ICE AGE HAS RETURNED TO CO DURHAM :doh:

Yes the countryside certainly does not lie and the hay is getting flat here havn`t cut no fields yet and with yesterdays very heavy rainfall we`ve gone back many steps not forward as the ground is so so wet even walking on fields you mark the ground.

And too see fields of hay and corn in floods by the severn is unheard of in summer as I`ve never seen nothing like it, ice age yes it`s making me wonder what is going to happen next.

Now that is hard work being a sheep shearer. :)

• 1 month later...
Posted

i've noticed the shhep have really kept the grass down this year

and last year they where stuggling to keep it down ,

feed bills for livestock are going to be a nightmare this year