Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms 15th-16th July

Callie

Posted

Well we have had a storm over the Eastbourne area for about 40 minutes now. Some good loud thunder and lightning all around :)

Anyone else seeing/hearing storms?

Callie :)

Edited by Callie

Hi

Nothing yet in Essex (Chelmsford)

Am keeping a close eye on current developments. I think that your storm should drift slowly north towards E.Anglia.

GFS indicates some interesting developments sunday night/ monday morning however this may pass too far east.

Tim

I can hear them now

07:00

almost a constant rumble in the distance

Tim

Posted

Storm rumbled by here along the coast at about 7.30pm, one loud rumble, few lesser ones, no lightning seen, moderate rain.

(A passing Mod might like to change this threads title to 15th, not 14th)

Posted

Rumbles of thunder to my south now with the first spots of rain beginning to fall.

Posted

Our local weather station is showing huge storms to the south of us, just had rubble of thunder

http://www.ipswichweather.net/Current.htm

Posted

Don’t know if it can get much worse but now thunder storms are breaking out in south and east of the UK

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

http://www.ipswichweather.net/Current.htm

Posted

Just had an EXTREMELY violent storm here just outside Guildford in the past 15 minutes. Had to shut down computer to protect it. Constant loud thunder, multiple ground strikes and constant visible anvil crawlers. House got struck 7 times in 28 minutes. We live on a hill, very exposed. God bless lightning rods haha. Best storm ive seen all yeah. I estimate about 10-15 flashes per minute. Amazing. Will post video soon.

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

Got woken up at about 6am this morning with loud rumbles of thunder and the rain was immense!! it was so heavy, couldnt see the lightning tho as my eyes were stuck together hahahaha.. now can hear rumbles of distant thunder again, looks dark over bexleyheath way, wonder if this is the same storm that UkStormChaser has just reported?? :)

Posted
Just caught the edge of a storm, a few very loud cracks of thunder, but didnt see any lightning :(

thats because you had your eyes closed when the thunder came :):);)

well there looks like more coming from the SSW Lou so hopefully thats not the last of it :)

Posted

Probably the most violent storm I have witnessed in Central London.

Multiple CG strikes and ear splitting thunder. Also rain on a par with standing under an electric shower. Lots of local but probably temporary flooding in clerkenwell as the drains could not cope with the rate of rainfall

Posted

good afternoon all

we currently have a storm passing through the area, plenty of noise but not much lightening however it did knock of the signal to the sky for a few seconds.

very humid indeed with moderate rain, more rumbles as i type this post

storm currently been in area for 20mins.

LO

Posted
Hey Sugar. I think it could well be. The storm was moving about NNE to NE at about 30-35 mph

I cant hear any more thunder now so looks like this storm went over london and missed my house grrr, I wanted to see it :)

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Intense thunderstorm here in SW London around an hour and a half ago. After a slow, ever closer and louder buildup, two or three strikes with instantaneous crash of thunder, and an absolute deluge of rain for a while - over 10mm in as many minutes, with torrents of water pouring down the road.

Best storm I've had for years :) !!

Posted

That was a fantastic storm... saw it build up on the radar from around the Solent, gaining power as it passed over the land.

Looking ahead to later, there is a similar build up over the water around the peninsular beside the Channel Islands (prob got a name but I don't know it :( ) which was where the previous one built up to start with.......BUT....this one looks much more intense already ! :) ! Worth keeping an eye on!

SS :)

Posted

That storm building over Northern France really is going to become a monster if it carries on as it is now.... :) If the wind vectors havn't altered substantially it should cross the channel and hit the UK around Littlehampton, moving NNW through Guildford and onto London. Bigger than the last one by the look of it!

SS

Posted
Thanks for changing the date and can confirm more thunder to my South :)

Callie ;)

Is there a storm coming in the south? can hear distant rumblings for last 1/2 hour

Posted

First phase of tonights expected storms just passed through with some lightning (every 10 / 15 secs) , thunder and medium rainfall (2.4MM). I think this was the cell that started in the Channel Islands.

Humdity up to 85% now with DP 16.6 DgC in a 19.5 DgC temperature.