Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms 15th-16th July

Callie

Posted

Thunderstorm just passed by here and is still rumbling away as I type this, it produced a nice rainbow a few moments ago as it began to move away and a flash of forked lightning went off just inside the rainbow giving the illusion of it arcing along the top of it.

Awesome!

Looks like there may be more storms approaching looking at the sky around here, though I must say I wasnt all that surprised to see a storm today given how warm it is.

Posted
Seems to be clearing here now but still some distant rumbles of thunder. Looks like that's it for here but out towards the north west appears to be getting a pasting right now according to the radar.

Got a pic from the garden of that storm. Saw some nice CG lightning from it! Another storm passing through Belfast atm.

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
A friend in Bude has just told me that they've had quite a violent storm there.

It's looking extremely Black towards the south here now.

Posted

Had 2 thundery showers pass to the east late afternoon.

Then another came from the SW with 3 distant CG`s and a little sheet lightning but more thunder and a heavy fairly short shower as the thunder stopped as it came overhead.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Seen 5 thunderstorms today, nothing special but on particularly nice pink CG strike. Also I can report that on the wirralcam website, west kirby marine lake was being bombarded by golf sized hail.

Posted
Eerie yellow sky and thunderstorm currently passing over.

Also rumbles of thunder earlier (around 5pm).

That was a cracking storm. Sat at New Brighton for an hour watching lightening against a backdrop of the setting sun over a mill pond of a sea.

Posted

Had a storm at around 10pm tonight.

Didn't amount to very much, just about 5 flashes of lighting and a few rumbles of thunder.

Posted

Had around 6 flashes of lightning here, which started about an hour ago. Some were very frequent, but I wouldn't call it particularly powerful. It was quite distant, and I can still see flashes, so it's still active, unless there's another cell moving through somewhere. The rain that accompanied it was torrential!