Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 17th-18th July 2007

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Second bout of thundery activity, however the strange thing is despite the quite loud thunder heard, the cloud doesnt appear to have any negative electrical charge at least in its base only positive charge from scud clouds. Perhaps therefore the lightning is resinating from upper level negative and positive charges which are producing IC lightning - can't see much happening in the case clouds, doesn't look too stormy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

another thunderstorm just passed over, lasted longer than the previous one although not as intense rainfall, thsi is turning out to be a great summer :rolleyes:

Posted

Just had a small t'storm literally develop overhead as I was out cutting my lawn. It has moved off in a north easterly direction. Still lots of towering cumulus and c'nimbus around so maybe more to develop?

Posted

I know this might be a bit late but Taunton had a nasty storm this morning no flooding though. where is summer 8):rolleyes:

Cheers 8)

Posted

Reports of storms only in here please, everything else gets deleted :rolleyes:

Thanks 8)

Posted
Cell moved very close to Durham City in the last 30-40 mins. Huge bolt of lightning struck a building in Durham City....sadly, the cell is died just as it started to get going. Rain has never really got past the moderate-heavy stage. The storm-shield has been trying to kill it off since it arrived...but technically that is a breach, I think (albeit not really counting as an overhead storm).

Huge storm to my South East with some quite loud thunder but as per usual nothing here, there was a storm at my daughters about 3 miles away at 12-30 but I was sitting outside having my lunch and sunbathing.

Posted

Very heavy skies just west of here with quite frequent rumbles of thunder. Looks like it is going to miss me as appears to be moving northwards.

Posted

Nice storm for the past hour to my north with lots of thunder and 2 CC and around 7 CG strikes came as a surpriced but what it started from i'm very happy even if it was not overhead but close enough to keep an interest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Stuck at work all day in Norwich Norfolk, heard rumbles of thunder in the office at about 15:00, odd rumble until about 16:00 - 16:30 then moderate to heavy rain between 17:00 - 17:30 with no thunder or lightning, checked the weather radar for the day and storms looked big but passed North to northwest now dissipating. And I couldn't get to chase it... Damn! :rolleyes:8)

Edited by Greenday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Short and rather heavy shower this morning, just before midday, accompanied by a couple of rumbles of thunder.

A heavy shower with a few rumbles of thunder moved north east to the south of here between about 1550 and 1615.

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I left my hoils from Rochdale today to my home here in county durham as we went over yorkshire saw loads of fork lighting.

Then as we came though the A19 peterlee again saw loads of lighting and very heavy rain.

2 miles down the road were i live it was sunny storm had gone.

Posted

Nice storm passed just to the north west of sheffield this afternoon at 15.45 but we managed to get a short burst or torrential rain and 5 close flashes of lightning as it passed by.

2 hours later I could still see the folk lghtning from it as it was over the doncaster area.

Posted

Here's one for today as there doesn't seem to be a thread..

Heavy rain with a couple of rumbles between 1 30 and 1 40 this PM at Keele nicely timed during my lunch hour, giving a splendid 4 mm

http://pangaea.esci.keele.ac.uk/weather/rainfall.html

(it only rained for about 10 mins in the hour) The main part seemed to pass to the north of us.

Ian

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

Posted

Just had a decent thundery shower, with 3 overhead inter-cloud bolts and associated loud booms. Rain intensity has ranged between 10-22mm/hr. I also heard 4 other booms of thunder from un-observed lightning about 4-5 miles away.