Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Thurs 19/7 - Sat 21/7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

hi folks, just had a great storm here in brum not much rain but a superb light show, here's a couple of pics

post-6055-1184880794_thumb.jpgpost-6055-1184880847_thumb.jpg

Posted

Ive been looking at the storms in the channel towards the SE, and it appears that any activity will only be reserved for Kent as the storms seem to be moving NNE more than i originally thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
hi folks, just had a great storm here in brum not much rain but a superb light show, here's a couple of pics

Great pics Phil, i'm about 20 miles to the NW of you in Penkridge...I think i'm gonna miss the main show here, but I have lightning about 2 flashes per minute to my South, weird orange colour

Posted

Holy crap!! those are some great pics Phil, I only make one post per year, so I dedicate my annual post to you and those pics.

Amazing, well done :o

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Guest Nimbus20

Thanks for that Russ. Must admit it looked on the dangerous side as I went off-line, hence my warning. But glad it didn't turn out so serious.

Radar is indicating a respite for your little island now. Calm before the real storm perhaps.

Great piccys Philb. Storms are always a good show at night :o

Edited by Nimbus20

Posted
Yeh Snow Raven, but even the average Storm looks great at night...

V true, I cant argue with that.... but then, I am a chicken when it comes to night storms, so with any luck, I'll sleep through any until dawn breaks :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Hi phil b, thanks for your photos. :) Love the last picture especially! Looks like a great storm your having. It's hard to believe all this is going on :o It's calm, clear and warm here at the mo.

Mammatus :o

Posted

Amazing Phil!!! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
I have just got back from Culver the Eastern most point on the IoW, I didn't bump into Kelly, there were quite a few cars up there.

I saw several flashes from the E and SE, from what I can tell its the stuff of off Beachy head.

The flashes were through a lot of rain, they looked like round explosions from my viewpoint, they were quite dull orange white. Vague rumbles interspersed with the odd loud bang that was short and sweet which was odd. One more thing there was low level mist rising off of the ground all the way down to sea level as I drove home, it made the road ahead look spooky :o

Russ

Hi mate, just spoke with kelly, she's still up at Culver down

Posted
Hi, Brian. See my post on page 5 of this thread for exciting details!!

Kind regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, Brilliant stuff I'm pleased you have seen some action tonight.

I thought someone must be getting a hammering judging by how it seemed on the radar.

It sounded spectacular the way you described it. It certainly is turning into an eventful evening

Regards

Brian

Posted

Great shots there Phil. Torrential rain in the City Centre though so didn't get the view you did. I did, however, get drenched!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Very nice :o

I have just noticed that Wincanton radar has the range of the stuff SE of me down to a tee. http://www.wincantonweather.org.uk/StormVue.html

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

Excellent Phil :o Those have got to be two of the best photos I have ever seen.

Thanks so much for posting them. Brilliant mate Brilliant :o :):)

Posted

Evening everyone, just enjoying a nice light show to my East. No idea how far away the storm actually is. I can just about hear faint rumbles. Great to see some nighttime lightning, its been a while :o

Posted

Rain very heavy in places will spread slowly north over England and Wales on friday. Everyone be careful

from 9am to 6pm looking at the charts the rain will be at it heaviest in places.

Posted

hi all, just let the dog out and have seen lightining over dorset way, no thunder yet, so i will have to stay up a bit longer :o

Posted

Well I have got my eye on those storms crossing the channel into the far east.

Looks like the midlands stuff is dying a little now and so I'm focused on the S.E .

Could there be more fireworks for Neil and Tamara :o

Posted

Can you see anything to your S/E yet Emerson ? Just trying to gauge how far away it still is.

Posted
Evening everyone, just enjoying a nice light show to my East. No idea how far away the storm actually is. I can just about hear faint rumbles. Great to see some nighttime lightning, its been a while :o

:o Yep i can confirm this, regular lightning over to my SE, i can hear the rumbles too.Seems to be the storm that was over near Basingstoke a bit earlier. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

That was the best telephone boxing storm in YEARS!!!

WOOHOOO!

Kain