Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Thurs 19/7 - Sat 21/7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Hi mate, just spoke with kelly, she's still up at Culver down

I didn't stay as it looked too far away for photography and it passed through lots of rain so it was not bright at all, no doubt Kelly will shoot a blinder now :o Please wish her luck if you speak again :o

I am going to hang on until if/when something more developed turns up, the frequency was a flash every few minutes.

The rain is becoming heavy as I type.

Regards,

Russ

Posted
I have just got back from Culver the Eastern most point on the IoW, I didn't bump into Kelly, there were quite a few cars up there.

I saw several flashes from the E and SE, from what I can tell its the stuff of off Beachy head.

The flashes were through a lot of rain, they looked like round explosions from my viewpoint, they were quite dull orange white. Vague rumbles interspersed with the odd loud bang that was short and sweet which was odd. One more thing there was low level mist rising off of the ground all the way down to sea level as I drove home, it made the road ahead look spooky :o

Russ

hi Russ, i was there, never mind. :o

i did get pretty feaked out on the down off culver as you said looked very spooky,

hi folks, just had a great storm here in brum not much rain but a superb light show, here's a couple of pics

post-6055-1184880794_thumb.jpgpost-6055-1184880847_thumb.jpg

Wow amazing pics there.

I got some good photo, will up load them in a sec..

Russ you going back u there later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
Can you see anything to your S/E yet Emerson ? Just trying to gauge how far away it still is.

Can't see any. It's a long way to the south of me by about 40 miles. I might see something a bit later on, but I doubt it as it seems to be fragmenting a bit.

Posted

more lightining now and getting closer but no thunder, its so quiet outside very spooky :o

Guest Nimbus20

Don't know if anyone confirmed the location, but further flash flooding has occurred today in the Richmond area of Nth Yorkshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

thanks for your comments, have been waiting all summer for a night storm finally it came, hopefully might get more later

Posted
Don't know if anyone confirmed the location, but further flash flooding has occurred today in the Richmond area of Nth Yorkshire.

Thanks for that Nimbus.

Ross mentioned about the flash floods but didn't know the location

Richmond is much further North than me.

Posted

I'm about 12m East of Basingstoke in Hartley Wintney... the storm some of you guys have noticed passed to my East recently... nothing major just CC strikes every minute or so with some fairly loud rumbles of thunder and moderate rainfall. Seems to have blown over now.

Can anyone say roughly what time of the night this dramatic weather is likely to arrive here in the South Central area, are we talking in the small hours or later Friday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

The lightning from that storm off Brighton has stopped and seems to be fading away according to NW 5 min radar.

Posted
thanks for your comments, have been waiting all summer for a night storm finally it came, hopefully might get more later

Another cell just to the South of Birmingham looks to be intensifying as it approaches . Will have to see if it is round 2 :o

Posted
Hi i am sat in my garden facing south-ish have put in my postcode on NW radar (L31) and if im lucky i am in line with this thunder activity, what do you reckon

If it doesn't dissapate we should see the eastern side of the cell.I keep toying with the idea of driving to meet it as the western edge over Wales seems to be pepping up again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
This event is definitely being over ramped. I really don't see much disruption at all apart from a few localised cases of flooding.

Ah, I see I'm not the only one thinking this is being taken too seriously. Mind you I can understand why the Met Office are being so cautious.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Bright sky flashing going off to the south , south west

Posted

im hoping that as im leaving Barnstaple at 11am (frid) heading for Bracknell along the A303 M3 that i will miss the heavy rain..

Any info or thoughts would be very helpful thanks Kaz xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
hi Russ, i was there, never mind. :)

i did get pretty feaked out on the down off culver as you said looked very spooky,

Wow amazing pics there.

I got some good photo, will up load them in a sec..

Russ you going back u there later?

Yes if it starts proper, the occasional stuff is very hard to get, I like at least a strike a minute, preferably if it is through rain no more than a couple of miles worth :lol: I am fussy :unknw:

The stuff just clearing Brittany and appearing Cherbourge/Caen looks better IMO

Though it needs saying, we may only get rain lots of it too :unsure:

Regards,

Russ

Posted
I'm about 12m East of Basingstoke in Hartley Wintney... the storm some of you guys have noticed passed to my East recently... nothing major just CC strikes every minute or so with some fairly loud rumbles of thunder and moderate rainfall. Seems to have blown over now.

Can anyone say roughly what time of the night this dramatic weather is likely to arrive here in the South Central area, are we talking in the small hours or later Friday?

According to the BBC forecast the rain is going to consolidate into heavy pulses from about 2-3am onwards in your area and pretty much stay put until 4pm in the afternoon, which seems pretty dramatic and unusual. The storms this evening being relatively unconnected.

Posted
Yes if it starts proper, the occasional stuff is very hard to get, I like at least a strike a minute, preferably if it is through rain no more than a couple of miles worth :lol: I am fussy :unknw:

The stuff just clearing Brittany and appearing Cherbourge/Caen looks better IMO

Though it needs saying, we may only get rain lots of it too :unsure:

Regards,

Russ

ok, keep me posted :)

Posted

I saw some lightening to my west about half an hour ago, but apart from that nothing else. Waiting to see if the cells off the coast reactivate again before going out for another look! As for tomorrow, I think the main action will be well north of here, I'm expecting possibly up to an inch max around this area.

Ah, I see I'm not the only one thinking this is being taken too seriously. Mind you I can understand why the Met Office are being so cautious.

I think that they shouldn't cause undue alarm or it may become a case of boy cries wolf when a really serious event comes. They have 80% chance of disruption for some areas, I don't see that. I think the most affected areas are areas that are well equipped to deal with flooding. A handful of cases of localised flash flooding is the most we will get out of this event, IMO.

Am sticking my neck out though and could be wrong...

Posted
i knew that storm wasn't that good all it was CC strikes, at least i saw some,

All storms are good IMO. I mean i'm sure Magpie will relish some CC flashes over his house, i feel that aslong i see some lightning i'm happy but we are all different.